Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can't log in

can't log in

When I come on to the site, I put my username and password in and it says thanks for logging in. Then it goes back to the previous page and im not logged in.

I can get logged in if I go to the forums and try to post. Then it says your not logged in, asks for my details and then it does log me in.

This has been happening for a few days now.

Re: can't log in

Are you checking the 'remember me' button below your login details?

What browser are you using?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Not using the remember me thing.

And I'm using firefox browser.

If you don't select the 'remember me' box then the site will log you out after 30 minutes. Always check the remember me box.
    If that doesn't fix your issue try this...
    At the top of your browser window, go to 'tools' and select 'options' from the drop down menu.
    Under the 'privacy' section make sure that accept cookies from sites is checked.
    Make sure you click 'ok' to save the new setting and try logging in again.
    Just a shot in the dark but worth a try.
    xxx
    Sandy

Okay i've fixed it. Cleared all my internet history (cookies, active logins, cache etc), tried again and it logged me in.

thanks for the help guys...panic over

scrap that....It looked like i was logged in (showed me private msgs etc) but when I tried to enter the chat room it wouldn't let me as i wasn't logged in. Weird!

Ian - I have set you a new password. This seems to work for some people.

I have emailed you the new password

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have fixed it this time. The new password didn't make a difference. But I hit the log out button and then tried it and it worked.

I think what I did was, last time I was logged in, I didn't hit 'log out', I just closed the page. So when I tried to log in, it wouldn't let me as it already saw me as logged in!

Sorry guys, my bad. All is well!

Ian - glad you got it fixed in the end

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information