Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Watch Those Silly Shows About 2012?

Anyone Else Watch Those Silly Shows About 2012?

Watched another moronic show last night called Apocalypse Island. I think these people are trying to get rich building up something from nothing.

Last night they said this guy went to an island 400 miles out in the middle of nowhere from Chile and found a Mayan carving that could explain what was going to happen in 2012..

They talked about how the Mayan made a 5000 year calender with 13 sections and we were in the last of the 13 and the end of time..I started laughing. Can you imagine someone making a 5000 year calender and then sitting down thinking im not making another 5000 years. Lol..

Everyone is saying ohhhhhhhh its the end of the world and all these bad things are going to happen.. Hey the Mayan was the ones that had everyone guessing by deserting so many places over the years..

I think all their chieftains probably were tired of having people to take care of and just disbanded and everyone scattered to the winds.As for their calender geez ..after making a calender for 100 of years aligning this and that to the stars and doing all the things they did ,they just got tired of doing it.

These shows just kill me.. I remember when everyone thought it was the end of the world in 2000.. ooops we are still here and nothing messed up.I remember it.. I couldn't believe that people actually went out and bought survival gear and all kinds of stuff believing something bad was going to happen.

I think December 21 2012 is going to be like any other day ,maybe a few eclipses and some things in the sky most of which we wont be able to see but will happen anyway but as far as being the end of time that is ludicrous. I just hope Im around to laugh at all those sensationalist to say HA .. told you so.. I am recording everything I can about the time to save to show people hahahaha I told you so..

I know this isn't about panic but thought it might be something to talk about ...its fun to talk other things and speculate because it takes your mind off of other things.. I just can't wait till 2012 to go nah nah nah nah nah lol.. Im being silly here but wonder how many people pay good money to see ridiculous sensational shows about such silly things..

Now im waiting for the movie to come out on hbo so I can see it for free but I sure wouldn't pay to see some silly stuff like that. .

Oh getting back to my original comment about the show last night.. They showed the carving which looked like a big "rock" to me and nothing more and then they have no other proof and I suppose the guy figured if he could get the history channel to record his adventure then he could get funding for a dead end project.. GO figure..

I can't believe they fell for recording this guy's misadventure but I should believe it when they show things like the guys in Pawn stars.. a show about people that work in a pawn shop.. crazy but true.. lol

Re: Anyone Else Watch Those Silly Shows About 2012?

Hello

I remember when the History Channel used to do factual shows, now whenever i flick over its 2012 or ghost stories etc, i have done alot of research into 2012 as ashamed as i am to say it, it scared me alot!! From everything i have found there isnt one shred of evidence, and the tablet they found was damaged so its not 100% accurate anyway, and the mayans around today dont believe that it even meant the end of the world. the end of the world thing comes every 20 years or so, in 1987 it was also supposed to happen, and the same theories on how are being used for 2012. My mum told me that when she was younger her entire family went up to the mountains as it was supposed to happen, only to come back to down.

In May last year planet Nibiru was supposed to be seen in the sky and this was the proof it was going to happen, i read this everywhere and the sources where supposidly scientific astrologers etc. Well where it is??

Nasa have some very interesting articles about 2012 and the nonesence surrounding it, i think that the amount of attention it is getting says alot about the public and the obsession with disaster, bad news makes great news and lots and lots of money, they even have 2012 i believe t shirts.

I think its terrible that money is being made out of something that to be fair is terrifying children and the overly anxious.

In a way i am also looking forward to 2012 as i think fear is very powerful and its disgusting that people are taking advantage of those fragile to things like this.

all being said i dont have the courage to actually watch the documentries lol it makes me feel panicy and sick just thinking about it xx

Well to be honest i suppose im one of the gullable idiots that has beleived a lot of the hype surrounding 2012......it absolutly scares the living daylights out of me and has had me worried for some time....i refuse to watch the film or read anything about it!!!

I have a fear of time and space anyway so this doesnt help me in anyway....im quite aware that these thing s are above and beyond our control so if it happens it happens.....lets not forget what happened to the dinosaurs lol!!!!xx

Aww Clairbella you really have no need to be afraid, it was a astroid that killed the dinosaurs, and there is none due to hit us in 2012, Nasa keep a close eye on the sky and they have confirmed that nothing is due for that date.

If it is taking over your life ( it did me to thats why i know everything there is to know) look at the Nasa website and search 2012, it will clear up any confusion about it and has detailed explanations why what has been said is impossible to be true.

Take Care xxx

WOW .. all of this could really go into to so long theories for me lol.. Actually i think that the Mayan kind of had a feasible theory about somethings. I actually think that there have many civilizations that have been here before the present that lived and died and there is very little evidence they existed.. When they find bits and pieces of these civilizations they can't really make out what or who they were but other than that they know they were really advanced..

So its not to out of line to think that the earth could be destroyed and all people be wiped out and then another type of humanoid occupying the earth until its time and then being wiped out but thats a whole other subject here.. Clairabella ,I don''t understand what you mean by a fear of time and space? could you elaborate on this?

its very interesting thing that you mentioned.. The asteroid may or may not have contributed to the demise of the dinosaur but then again it could have been climate change ..I think the asteroid theory is quite accepted but then again there are others that say the climate killed off the food supply and they just died out because they have never been able to document an exact moment of destruction and thats another question why they weren't all killed at one time but over thousands of years.. so thats another reason the asteroid theory isn't conclusive.

Meg.. as for being afraid of asteroids that is something that I guess is a reality but then again it might never happen.. You say NASA says there is no asteroids scheduled
    for 2012..How can they make that kind of statement? Im sorry to disagree with you and surely not trying to scare anyone but NASA only monitors about 10 percent of the sky .. and sorry to be crude here but its a BIG ASS SKY.. so all the people in the world that watch the sky around the clock its kind of like finding a needle in a haystack ..Ask anyone in science and they can tell you that.

I think they have a fair chance of maybe seeing an asteroid in the sky but then again if they do ,what would they do about it ? They have no real plan or weapons to destroy it and so what would they do other than announce the world is going to be destroyed ? lol I think I would rather not know..

Clairabella , Also you are not a gullible idiot .Everyone has fears of different things ,so what makes you anymore gullible than any of the rest of us.. I suppose I look at the universe as the cosmos a thing of mystery ..something that none of us will ever know what it is where it came from or where its going.. I have many many thousands of questions about why its here ,what was here before it was.How large is it. Just where is the universe? I mean I could go on and on.. But as far as being afraid of something happening such as a asteroid there is nothing I can do so why worry..?

The earth has been here a long time and will probably continue to be here for a long time ..with or without us. .Personally I think the human species has a very limited time here before the planet is reborn to a different atmosphere and maybe another species
    will assume control of the planet..

There are many many things that can happen in the universe so really why worry about a specific date..? I am not sure of what religion you are .. I am not really religious but many people are here .It says in the Christian bible that God says.. no man knows the date of the end of the world not even the son..

So if you are a Christian that means you probably can't believe in a Mayan prophesy
    because your beliefs in God prohibit it. What I would do is watch the silly movies as long as they don't cost you anything..Thats why I wait till they come out on hbo or regular television.. enjoy them as entertainment and then forget the rest..

I know that is like telling me to stop worrying about having heart disease or high blood pressure or this or that and me saying ok.. So im probably just talking to myself here .
    The only reason I even wrote the post was I love science and history and all the different aspects of science. .Archaeology and anthropology and geology and just about everything you can imagine about the world around us and love to have people to discuss about it.

I just can't believe that so many people are wrapped into producing crap on television to scare others are to sensationalize things that are no more likely than us being able to turn lead into gold.. Its all theories and fun to be entertained I suppose and laugh about but nothing to be concerned about..Thank you both for writing im happy that someone found my post interesting enough to respond to..

Hello

yes of course the astroid destroying the dinosuars is just a theory, most things are just theories, i just know how afraid people are of this and as i dont think anyone can 100% know for sure, i wanted to give her some feedback on what scientists say.

Yes the Mayans and their atsrological knowledge was amazing, my point is a prophecy is being made from a broken tablet, and that the Mayans that exist today have confrmed that this does not mean the end of the world, just the end of a cycle and that it has been taken way out of context. Again a theory.

The earth has always been subject to hits from comets and astroids, and your right Nasa cant track the entire sky, nothing good and bad is written in stone but as i said before, i am trying to help peoples fears by sharing the knowledge that i have found out. From what i understand Nasa can track extremely large earth destroying astroid in real time , one was due to hit is in 2036 but the direction has changed and the chances of that happening are very slim. They are however looking at potentional ways on to divert it, just in case.
    http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/ again a theory

I am not a scientist and dont claim to know anything, just sharing information i found from a more reliable source than a scare monger documentary.

This is a real fear to people, and i was just trying to help x

:-):-):-):-):-) yes you are a kind soul to try and keep people from being afraid.. and maybe I hit a nerve with you but I never try to offend and Never never never try to scare anyone..I know what its like to be afraid so I try not to do that to people. Actually there is a document that is somewhere in your country in a museum that is written on a paper like substance that is suppose to support the claim of something terrible happening on 2012 .Its the oldest written document of any culture. The Mayans had vast libraries and when the Spanish went there and decided they were heathen then they burned their libraries. Out of all the written accounts of things they had accumulated and documented there are only four that escaped the conversion by the church and are in different places in the world. The one that is in your country is called a codex.. so its something used to decipher other Mayan writings and carvings..

Anyway nope not a fear monger but an truth maker.. I only speak of what is and what is not.. Im not really a scientist either and don't claim to be but have spent the last 30 or 40 years reading and listening and talking to some of the most prominent scientist in the world and their theories and thoughts. I don't claim to know anything but find it interesting when someone conclusively states that this is what happened here and there..

There are many many things that people state to be honest and truthful when in fact the greatest minds in the world have never been able to prove anything. No argument there. I too have my ways to keep people from being afraid and commenting on their fears. People are afraid of asteroids or 2012. should be afraid every time they turn on a light bulb or walk across the street because the odds are the same as being hit by an asteroid or something happening in 2012..

The broken tablet? Hmm this is a new one on me..Could you give me a point of reference for this . I,E a show, a news article or somewhere on the internet such as a link. I would be very interested to know what you are talking about..I haven't heard of that but to tell you the truth I haven't been watching television lately .or reading the news.. Heck the world could have ended and I wouldn't have known it.

Oh yes Im pretty sure that I am correct on the Nasa comment. My cousin is an astronomical physicist for Nasa and has spent the last 20 years tracking asteroids so I kind of know exactly what im talking about. I spoke with him just a few weeks ago about this very subject.. so im kind of in the know unless something has changed since then..Has it? Of course the earth has been subject to many hits from comets and asteroids..doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. just look at the moon and we are in the same vicinity but then again we have grass and forest growing everywhere so its hard to pinpoint many of these hits..

My thanks to you for taking the time to point out that we are safe and there is nothing to worry about and glad that you made the comment about the scare monger documentary .I think these people are all idiot sensationalist. Don't you just hate that. thanks again for posting ..ta ta. .

isnt everyday life just a theory because we NEVER know whats gona happen???

Quote Originally Posted by looking4answers View Post
    Can you imagine someone making a 5000 year calender and then sitting down thinking im not making another 5000 years.
    Lol!
    The end of the world, it sells, it's a great story. So many times there has been "Oh did you hear, the world's gonna end on the" blah blah blah.
    Planet X is/was the name given to the former planet Pluto when it was first spotted, "X" used by mathematicians refers to an unknown value. If so-called Nibiru existed, NASA would've seen it by now. Ofcourse they'd use 'x' again, but this 2012 thing is all hype, just like a movie.
    I don't under-estimate the ancient's knowledge, you knew quite alot about astrology, tho I guess that's all they had to look at.
    The world ends when you die, and if something came in so fast and wipped us all out, it'd happen so fast we wouldn't even know wtf was going on.
    If NASA has spotted it, it's questionable wether they'd tell public, and anyway Im sure other large telescopes that do their own thing could be able to spot it, if they're looking at the right place. Im bored...and under the influence of caffine

Quote Originally Posted by NotResponding View Post
    Lol!
    The end of the world, it sells, it's a great story. So many times there has been "Oh did you hear, the world's gonna end on the" blah blah blah.
    Planet X is/was the name given to the former planet Pluto when it was first spotted, "X" used by mathematicians refers to an unknown value. If so-called Nibiru existed, NASA would've seen it by now. Ofcourse they'd use 'x' again, but this 2012 thing is all hype, just like a movie.
    I don't under-estimate the ancient's knowledge, you knew quite alot about astrology, tho I guess that's all they had to look at.
    The world ends when you die, and if something came in so fast and wipped us all out, it'd happen so fast we wouldn't even know wtf was going on.
    If NASA has spotted it, it's questionable wether they'd tell public, and anyway Im sure other large telescopes that do their own thing could be able to spot it, if they're looking at the right place. Im bored...and under the influence of caffine

Great Post NRes..

I couldn't agree more.. about the post and bored too :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information