Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: twitching eye for 2 days!

twitching eye for 2 days!

Hi everyone,
    My left eye started twitching yesterday morning, didnt bother me until last night when i realised it was still twitching. This morning its still twitching!! It can twitch for around 10 mins then stop for an hour then starts again.....is it normal to have a twitch in your eye for this long??? Its got me worrying, as ive had headaches and head pressure for months now and im thinking its connected. Worried now .
    Thank you for reading, hope someone can ease my mind.

Debs xx

Re: twitching eye for 2 days!

Hi Debs, not to worry, I think tics are very often a nervous thing, I remember having a twitching eye for months and it really bothered me, but then without me even realising it went away, so don't think it could have been anything. Try not to be paranoid about it.

hi debs, i once had a twitching eye for 3 months god it nearly sent me out of my mind it was so annoying, tiredness and stress are the most common cause
    xxx

I once had this for several months, it was SOOOOooo annoying, and it was the lower eyelid and I could see it as well as feel it every time it happened. It is only a little nerve that has become a jittery around the eyelid. Sometimes these twitches go within hours, sometimes they take weeks, nothing you can do but just wait and try not to get too irritated.

Yes, my son and I have both had this. Usually if we're tired or stressed.
    My sister-in-law also gets it a lot when she is very anxious and it can last for days. Don't worry. It's annoying but harmless.
    Myra

All I can say is that I've had weeks where my eye has been twitching. It didn't really following a pattern as such, but it happened when I was really stressed. It also blurred my vision slightly when it was twitching.

Hi deb twitching eye can b a nervous thing. Although when i had it was related 2 bells palsey it was really irriating hve u seen doc?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Twitching is really common in anxiety sufferers and it can be in any muscle in the body. It's nothing to worry about and will pass - it did for me.

See your GP though if your headaches continue.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hi Debs

I had a twitching eye and I still get it every so often-I was convinced it was something horrible but it was actually just fatigue.

I summoned up enough courage to go see my GP about it and it was just extreme fatigue. I almost laughed at her I was SOOOOOO relieved !

Whenever my twitch returns I rest more and it disapperas like magic.

However you might want to see your GP for peace of mind.

Love
    BB

Thanks everyone for your replies.
    Anx mum, ive not seen a doc about the twitching but i have been in about the headache sand the pressure in my head, they are saying tension and anxiety at the moment, but to go back next week if no better, and they will send me for some blood works.
    My eye feels abit funny now, almost like a numb sensation at the outer corner, twiching is still there.....but im trying not to dwell on it!!
    Thank you again 2 you all for replying, it does put my mind at rest abit knowing some of you have had a twitch for weeks...hopefully mine wont last that long!!

Love Debs xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information