Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone make jewellery???

Anyone make jewellery???

Hello

I am a big fan of Etsy and the handmade jewellery, unfortunately the price tag on handmade things is very high and i thought ummm wonder if i can do that!!

I bought my equipment last week and so far im not doing too terribly! i also find creativity very theraputic!

I was interested to know if anyone else is interested in this and whether they would like to show photos of their work, i would be very interested in seeing other peoples ideas .

Take Care xx

Re: Anyone make jewellery???

I do ! I am lucky enough to have an 'art and craft' room in the house and I do most crafty things - glass painting, embossing, quilting (sewing in general, clothes, cushions etc.), printing, card making, beading and metal work. I spent a good number of years attending craft classes and so have the resources here to have a go at most things. Making things is excellent for mental well being, firstly of course it takes your mind off yourself and focuses on something else and secondly it gives you such pride in your achievements. I'm really glad you are enjoying jewellery making...but watch out you can end up spending a small fortune on findings and beads. I'll see if I can find any photos....

These are from a long time ago, in the days when I took pictures.....

I go through phases of different crafts...and am always working on 'something'....
    Last edited by Carys; 05-02-10 at 06:38.

Omgg they are sooooo good!!!

Me and my friend on here Rach have said that we are going to start making jewellery Meg..what did you buy to get started and where from?? x

Wow Carys they are fantastic well done and keep up the good work!! you are very talented !! i would love to learn how to make blankets etc its so much fun isnt it!!

Just A Girl i was firstly inspired by these http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=38986009 and though hmmm i bet i can make that!! so looked up tutorials on how to make fabric rosettes and i cant believe how easy it is!!!! i made 10 on my first go lol i bought myself some feathers, charms, pearls from ebay which was actually really cheap!! and got some meter length fabric from Boyes, a glue gun, some ribbon, felt all for under £20. There are also some good tutorials on how to make fabric roses, they are so pretty and easy!! you can buy like 10 wire necklaces with clasps so cheaply on ebay aswell!! Im looking forward to making something thats unique to me!! xx

You can also make bracelets using rosettes and add charms and use lace, you can get the clasps etc from ebay.

xx

Ooo yeah it looks really good let us see the finished product Yeah I have been looking on ebay but its just deciding what I want to do first haha x

really good stuff you have made

i make bag/phone charms

ooo great Moomintroll!! do you have any photos? x

Great link Meg, I'll find a picture of my last fabric flower I made. I made it as a 'wall piece' to hang and it is quite large - really pleased as all my own design.

NOW, I wanna see pictures of something you have made, as we can all learn and get inspiration from each other.

This is over 30 cms in length, and was my first project on my new sewing machine !
    Last edited by Carys; 05-02-10 at 06:38.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information