Thread: drawing

drawing

i used to draw but ever since my anxiety started i seem to have had no motivation to draw and have no confidence in my drawing anymore can people help, if anybody is interested some of my stuff is on here, if they want a look, i tried to upload the pictures onto here but i could not get it to work, that is only some of the stuff i have done in the past, but the last things i did i ended up putting in the bin as i had no confidence in it all

http://www.paintingsilove.com/artist/lizrennie

Re: drawing

Oh wow! I can relate 100%. I have a passion sortof for drawing, but anxiety stops me. Everytime I get to the paper, I think something bad, lose all motivation, and end up feeling frustrated. I've got loads of "work" but I can't upload it, the nearest scanner to me is in the library, which is in town, busy town.

Are those yours? They're pretty good! I like your cloud dragon, which Im guessing is pencil.-He's got some nice shading on him too.
    Painting opens up a whole different realm, and other ways to express, I leave that to the pros, I paint like a 4 year old lol!
    Last edited by NotResponding; 05-02-10 at 00:10.

Liz you're good!! Im the opposite actually..since ive got the anxiety I have done more art and drawing...probably because I find I have so much time haha!! But I do feel the same as you as in that I dont think what ive done is that good!! Keep at it..good for your mind...once you get started you'll remember how much you love it even if you dont think it looks good you can just enjoy doing it? xxxxxxx

Hi Liz,

I paint and draw - when the mood takes me (which isn't enough really!!) Don't get frustrated, which does happen and just keep at it. You can obviously draw so you have no worries about not being good enough!!
    Keep the ones that you want to throw away and come back to them at a later date, I was always taught not to be too precious about my work and always to go back if it just doesn't seem to be going right. I keep trying to tell that to my daughter with her GCSE art!! Nothing is good enough, when it really is.
    Another way is to try some other medium, photography, card and crafting or even cake making!! You will always have your gift it is just finding a way of getting it out.
    Good luck and you must not lose faith in your ability, it will come back to full flow again.
    x

thank you guys that helped, the stuff on the link that has my name on it is my stuff

i don't have a scanner either notresponding, i took photos of my stuff with my digital camera and uploaded them onto my laptop using my memory card

i have photographs of other stuff i have done but unfortunately they are on a disc stored at my parents house, did not have room for everything when i moved into my flatshare

i do stuff in pencil, pen, coloured pencil and pastel, i sometimes use all of them at the same time to see what effect is gets

the dragon was done for a card for one of friends for his birthday, i also designed his tattoo for him, funnily enough that was a dragon too, if my attachment has worked you can see a picture of the design (finished product that is)

i have tried cardmaking zojo, that was fun, i got stuck to the cards a few times trying to stick things to the card!!

what sort of things do you draw justagirl?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by moomintroll; 04-02-10 at 21:34.

Thread Information