Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Feel bad asking...

Re: Feel bad asking...

Hi Kev,

Thinking of you

Lynnann

Hugs always here Kev. This must be a very emotional time for you all. My son dropped out of the 6th form and I spent a year coaxing him back to education. He is now in college studying electronic engineering and enjoying it. The problem was that he drifted into A'levels but was overwhelmed which gave his confidence a knock. He was one of the youngest in his year and I think he needed that year to grow up a bit. The same thing happened with one of his friends...he will find his way. He could try some voluntary work in the meantime as it looks great on the CV and helps with social skills. Hang in there kev...you are a great son looking after your mum.

Veronicax

Thanks again for the encouragement.

Veronica: The crazy thing is my son's abilities are very high and one of the problems is he's "bored" by the lessons. He missed a lot of year 11 after my father (his only grandfather) died in late 2008 - he got very depressed then too - and with a tiny amount of coaching by me got a A* at maths. And that was the subject where the useless teacher though he lacked ability! Sadly other subjects he'd missed the practicals, etc and had a rubbish overall mark - so his school could not let him back in to do the A's! At the college I suspect he's one of the very brightest so the lessons may well fail to engage him as they'll be pitched to a slower pace than he needs. He's also struggled to make friends and no-one from his school went there (that I know of). This would create a bad situation for most of us. With my own mental health struggles I can understand what he may be feeling - but it still leaves the situation very damaging - and its tough getting conversation out of teenage boys at the best of times.... Thanks for your encouraging experience though.

So thanks everyone for your positive vibes.

This is going to sound freaky, but either mum is trying to scare me to absolute death or she passed away about 12.30am-1am. Up till then she'd been breathing quite fiercely since 5.30pm and then I realised she'd gone quiet. I think too quiet. I've spoken to the out of hours Dr but as her condition was expected - at some point, and not within half a day of me getting here - they won't come for a bit so that their conclusions will be certain. So I'm sitting here wondering if I've just taken a needless fright or she's gone... And I thought the situation was weird already.

If anyone is up and can spare some more hugs, I'd be grateful.

Hi Kevin,
    I'm up and sending you loads of (((((HUGS))))))!
    Try not to worry too much and hopefully someone will go to check on her soon.
    xxx
    Sandy

Thanks Sandy. Just sitting here in the middle of the night, trying not to think too much.

How long before someone checks in on her Kevin?
    Is she at home with you or in convalescent care?

Hi Sandy. She's at her house and I'm there with her. She needed 24hr help anyway so one of us is always here. The oncall GP came out at about 3.30am and she has left us. Its a shorter weekend minding her than I expected! I did fear she'd go while I was here, but really didn't expect it in the first 12 hours. Its like she waited for me to be here and for my sister's birthday (!) to be over (she normally minds mum).

Just want you to know Im thinking of you and sending you loads of
    Please dont ever feel bad for posting on hugs.
    Just keep coming on this site and get whatever support you can.
    Ive poured my heart out on this site so many times.
    Trust me it does help.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

seems she waited as you said Kev. That will hopefully give you and your sister comfort in the coming weeks. Take care of yourself, and you know where we are if you need us.
    About your son....the other boy I mentioned who dropped out is extremely clever and won a scholarship to private school. He is now back studying engineering at college too. In his case he needed to be with older students as he found hiis peer group immature and he just didnt fit in....they are all different Kev and yours is blessed with intelligence and so he will find his place.

Veronicax

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information