Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange feeling like a lump in throat/clicking noise

Strange feeling like a lump in throat/clicking noise

I have just started over the last few days to experience this, when i swallow its more difficult then normal as its like a clicky noise and i am sure i feel a click inside my throat, also i feel like somethings stuck in my throat and stomach.
    I'm worried its stomach cancer, throat cancer or something similar??????

Re: Strange feeling like a lump in throat/clicking noise

Hi there. I used to get this a lot when i slept on my back. And it felt like it was my tonsills kind of moving. Also when i drank water when turning my head to the left or right (weird as that sounds) felt like something stuck in my throat(but not stomach). I used to suffer from tonisillitis a lot and a a result my tonsills seem to look a bit battered. If anyone else knows what this may be i would be keen to know also. ali29 you are not alone hehe

Ah the clicky noise. I get that too. I can't figure out what it is. I have allergy/sinus issues though, so I thought it might be related to post nasal drip? My throat is quite often slightly inflamed/irritated.

Globus hystericus,,,,

Anyone who suffers from panic attacks have this this is out neck muscle's response

I second the globus hysterics. So frustrating/annoying/irritating/awful. When you stop focusing on it, it will go away.

Can Globus Hystericus feel like you've constantly got saliva stuck in your throat? It doesn't feel like a lump as such for me, but I'm constantly swallowing to clear my throat or forcing the saliva back into my mouth then swallowing again. It's quite irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartidh View Post
    Can Globus Hystericus feel like you've constantly got saliva stuck in your throat? It doesn't feel like a lump as such for me, but I'm constantly swallowing to clear my throat or forcing the saliva back into my mouth then swallowing again. It's quite irritating.
    Im in position to say this,, But I think soo,, Just drink alot of fluids since tensed muscles require more fluid

Hiya, i had this a few weeks back, have a look through my posts. Its caused by over swallowing, like if u keep really swallowing straight after each other it causes the muscles to spasam. I had stuff (sorry) keep running down my throat and it was making me swallow so much that i kept getting that clicking sensation in my throat. Nothing to worry about hun, try not to swallow too much and it will go. xx

Hi Carly I am getting. Clicking in my throat. It so annoying what should I do???

I get this. It's the hyoid bone in your throat. I will permit you to look on Wikipedia. It's just a bone, nothing to worry about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information