Thread: should i take the tablets

should i take the tablets

should i taken the citalaprm.
    Im so down with suicide thoughts im so scared of how im feeling. i just picked up my tablets 20mg and am too scared to take them are the 1st few weeks that bad are people alone when they taken them, do they carry on with normal life.
    This is the worst ive ever felt.

Re: should i take the tablets

I felt terrible during the first few weeks, but how I'm feeling now after 3 months of taking them far out weighs that.

I basically spent the first week in bed as I was too tired to do anything. I didn't even watch tv or dvds, just spent all the time asleep or thinking about nothing in particular. This forum was a great help, and also the chat room.

Hi Hayles .you might be better taking 10mg half a tab for a week or so .It will be easier until you get it in your system .You will find this site a godsend and Chat is good if you need someone to talk to straight away .Are you on your own at the moment ? isnt there anyone who could stay with you if that is the case ? I do hope you feel better soon .Cit worked for me and I only wish Id taken it sooner .Take care luv Sue xx

Hi hayles, i agree with Sue if you start by taking 10ml for the first two weeks and then if you feel ok increase to 20ml even if you do 10ml one night then 20 the next. I too have taken this medication in the past and it has really helped me. it can cause a few side effects when you first start taking it but not in everyone and it will be worth it in the end. I dont know what I would of done if I hadnt found this site, you can share your feelings with others that have been through the same and then you realise that others have felt the same way and it really helps you get through. Feel for you at the moment. Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on. Take care. Jo.x

Hey guys. thanks for your replies, they have really helped.
    I decided last night to take the tablet, i did take the lower dose and was ok. i had a bit of difficulting sleeping but soon drifted off but have woken up with a raging headache, not sure if thats tiredness or tablets.
    I feel alot better just for having the control and power to take the little thing, yesterday was such a dark day i couldnt have felt any worse.
    Im sure its not gonna be easy peasy but i am looking forward to hopefully feeling better for the 1st time in years..
    thanks so much guys i will keep you updated.

Hi Hayles, well done you for taking that first step!! It can be worrying but you have done the right thing. Headache prob due to the tiredness, 10ml is a small amount but its better to start off at that start to increase slowly. The medication will help make you feel better. Good luck!! Jo.x

Thread Information