Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm finally dying my hair...!!

I'm finally dying my hair...!!

Some of you may know that I've developed a fear of dying my hair after over 5 years of doing so... incase I have a reaction & die. Well, today...I'm biting the bullet & getting my sister to do it for me [don't worry, she knows what she's doing]

I'm very scared & this is a BIG step for me...but wish me luck... & look out for posts later where I'm going...IT'S BURNING, HELP! LOL! >.<

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

Re: I'm finally dying my hair...!!

I worry about stuff like that too. Good luck with it... just think how good you will look after.

i too worry about this.

have you done a skin test? x

Sorry if this sounds "funny" but when something scares us so much which isn't essential to overcome, I often wonder what's wrong with being natural?

I'm NOT saying this is the case for you but sometimes I feel people feel the need to conform with what they are made to believe is what others want because of what they read and hear in the media but personally I just prefer a person to appear "natural" because there's no need to create false appearances. It's what the person is inside that really matters.

Of course you're probably doing this because it's something you Really want for yourself and if it helps you to feel good about "yourself" then all well and good.

I just feel we should never try to be something we're not because of what we're made to believe that's how we should be because it shouldn't matter as we should just accept people for "who" they are.

I sometimes think of Shrek. A princess will always appear beautiful to a prince so why try to change the beauty they already have?

I am glad that you are facing your fear about this. I understand totally as I developed the same phobia but managed to face it and overcome it after a few months. You will look and feel better for facing it too. Good old sis for helping you out. Let us know how it goes.
    Bill. We need more men who think like you!....sadly I would look like Gandalf from lord of the rings but with dark eyebrows if I did not give nature a helping hand.

Veronicax

sadly I would look like Gandalf from lord of the rings but with dark eyebrows if I did not give nature a helping hand.

Like I say.....and what would be wrong with that??? I Love Gandalf and The Lord of The Rings because he's such a lovely character and it's such a lovely film so why should I think of you any differently?

None of us can stop the passage of time or the effects it has on our body but where there is a warm heart it will always shine through to create an outer aura of beauty no matter how the person looks....so like I say sweet "Gandalf", why try to change how you look when there's really no need to?!?

Thanks so much guys & a special thanks to Bill, wish all men thought like that, but unfortunately, they don't... :(

As for dying my hair, it's something I've done for over 5 years now & I've just got used to having the blonde hair. It makes me feel like "me" with the blonde, it's become kind of like a trademark & dying it has always made me feel better about myself & made me happier, so I didn't want that avenue of pleasure being closed too, after so many have since my anxiety reared it's ugly head... :(

It went well, I didn't freak out & it wasn't uncomfortable. But now the after effects & worry are kicking in...I've already googled reactions on the net & got myself all worried. :( I'm worried that my face & back are burning & I don't know if they are or if It's me making it feel that way...& I'll be counting the 72 hours of the "danger reaction time" one by one now...

Was it worth it? I don't know anymore...
    But at least I braved it... :S

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

it has always made me feel better about myself & made me happier,

Then it's worth doing because you're doing it for "you". To me though, it really wouldn't matter if you had purple hair with blue streaks and pink highlights if that also made you feel happy just as long you never tried to change "who" you are!

And no....I certainly wouldn't suggest that other blokes should be like me! because I'm Far too soft and weak. I just wish I could be more like you or them...but this thread is about you, not me.

Well done on facing your fear, I'm sure there will be no reactions and you will be fine.

I have died my hair for years now, and the worst that has happened to me is ending up with dyed ears ! which always takes a few days to wash off properly, but makes me look very weird !

I did react to a skin test once so they suggested I just had highlights as none of the dye actually touches the scalp. I can still cover any grey with them and they look good enough mixed in with my own colour which is still auburn in parts

Good luck anyway, i'm sure you'll be fine
    GH xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information