Thread: Any advice for lunch?

Question Any advice for lunch?

Hi guys,
    I'm having a problem with what to eat for my lunch. I know about nutrition and know what I should be eating the only problem is whilst I'm at work on a construction site I have no means of heating up food.I don't like tuna so that rules a tuna salad with potatoes out etc.I'm looking for something I could put together in a small tuber-ware box that doesn't need heating up.Any ideas.

I used to compete and I use to take cold chicken breast with wholegrain rice,all cold which made me feel down and depressed,I'm looking for something high in protein and carbs to fuel my workout later on in the day but also something tasty.Any advice ideas would be great.

Re: Any advice for lunch?

Have you tried bulgar or couscous based salads? You could add salad vegetables and pulses like chick peas and lentils. I have the problem of not having anywhere to heat food so I take wraps. You could buy a food flask and take in some nutritious home made soup. Lakeland do a good range of these.

Re: Any advice for lunch?

pasta with salmon (or chicken), make some soup (Leek and potatoe, vegetable, chicken etc)! I used to pop to a local shop for hot jacket potatoe when I worked on construction sites as I hated cold food in the winter.

Thread Information