Thread: scared !!!

Question scared !!!

hi there ive just been given citalopram for panic attacks, im to scared to start them as i have read they give you migriane i suffer from really bad ones where numbness and speech are affected i couldnt live with them every day, i have tried lots of different medications over the last few months and all i get is awful side effects nothing seems to work for me im at the end of the road can someone give me any advice thanks very much

Re: scared !!!

Hi Claire, what dosage have you been told to take? I took citalopram on and off for 9 years and I all I ever sufffered when I first started taking them and also when I upped the dosage was the slight visual disturbance that you can get before a migraine and then my head would just ache for a while. This was only when you first start taking them and not everyone experiences the same side effects so you may be o.k. With citalopram it is better to start off on 10ml for a couple of weeks to get your body used to the meds as that is when you are most likely to suffer side effects. The slower you increase the less likely you will suffer. And do remember it is only when you first start taking them rather than all the time. This drug really helped me with anxiety (and I used to get really panicky) and depression. i think it will be useful to you. Good luck and keep us posted if you do decide to take them. Jo.

Re: scared !!!

hi jo thanks for replying ive been given 10mg for the first 2 weeks then got to up them to 20mg im thinking about changing my doctor as they seem to be using me to test all kinds i dont know what to do for the best im pleased to have found this site tho i dont feel alone like i did thousands suffer what life aint it

Thread Information