Thread: Can I just let off some steam?

Can I just let off some steam?

Hi. I'm 8 months into a flare up of anxiety that has now been diagnosed as OCD. I have had a horrible few months at work, but I kept going regardless. My manager has been supportive on paper, but in reality has no comprehension of this illness. His communication is limited to talking mto me when I haven't done something. The latest was a challenge to me ignoring a text he sent me when I was on hols. He didn;t give up and phoned and like a fool I answered. Panic attack within 10 minutes of that. We.ve had two falling outs in a week and I;ve now got HR involved. But the decision to do this has sent my anxiety crazy and my OCD thought about knives are back. Tomorrow night I am home alone with my daughter and I am scared. I have been making myself sick all week too. I want to bang my head against something to take the thoughts away. I am prone to worry about knives and what harm I could cause.I'm out tomorrow and worrying I will panic in public. My husband won't be with me to help.
    To anyone who read this thanks for listening to me, if anyone has any words on inspiration I would love a morale boost.

Re: Can I just let off some steam?

Aww,

I don't suffer with ocd, but i just wanted to say, i wouldn't be happy if my boss phoned me or text me when i was on my hols.

I am sure there will be members who can help you out with the ocd thoughts.

I just wanted to send you a

di xx

Heeey there matey,

Can I just say that you are suffering from Intrusive thoughts and your thoughts I'm guessing are of a violent nature, WE HAVE ALL HAD THESE

You poor bugger I know what it's like, you need to challenge these thoughts and confront them head on Think to yourself what a load of bull, these are just thoughts and they are not going to rule my feelings and I know I wont act on them cos I have not and the thought of doing so upsets me.

People who want to harm others don't panic about these thoughts they feel it's normal so the way you feel tells you that you are not violent in any way shape or form. and you never will be

Now you have been diagnosed with OCD? are you going to try meds??? Aropax and zoloft are good to try ..

My Drs explain that OCD is caused by a lack of Serotonin between the neuro transmitters causing irrational and upsetting thoughts.

You can try Stjohns wort too but I would consult your Dr before anything

PM me anytime if you need a chat

All the best from a fellow ocd sufferer

Can i just agree with diane07; if your boss rings you on hols and can't get through that's his problem, as he's probably not paying you crateloads to be on call 24/7! It's bullying basically. I had OCD in my twenties and thirties but it's faded now to the compulsive straightening stuff so it can go away. But i deeply sympathise with the unbearable pressure it makes you feel. Best wishes

Thread Information