Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going from 10mg to 20mg

Going from 10mg to 20mg

I saw my doctor yestersday and she has upped my dose to 20mg, i was just wondering if i will get any increased side effects from this?
    On 10mg ive been lucky and havent had any side effects
    Thank you xxx

edit: ive now been on the higher dosage for 4 days and im feeling really terrible really sick and anxious :(
    Last edited by -Emily; 21-02-10 at 19:45.

Re: Going from 10mg to 20mg

If you didnt get any once you started on it you should be ok .When you up your dose its not as bad as the start anyway ,provided you do it by small ammounts ,and youve stabilised on the previous dose first .You will know in a couple of days ,so take it from there .Good luck Sue xx

hi i have just started 5mg im going onto ten when i get used to them do they work though

Worked for me Melvin Each upped dose will take 4-6 weeks to work effectively tho .Some days will be better than others until it stabilises ..I went up to 35mg before i felt at my best .Im now on 30mg .Been doing really well on them the last year ...Good luck ,hope your as lucky .Sue x

Hi emily, i went from 10g to 20g a day and my side effects have got less with the higher dosage but still not really working.i do feel more level headed and not so many chatter box in my head.but still no motivation or confidence in any thing. But im going to ask my doc to up dossage to 30g a day next week and see what happens.wish you well robert

Hi I have taken these meds for a number of years and found that I didn't suffer side effects from an increase as long as it is done gradually. You are lucky Emily that you didnt suffer any side effects when starting them so I am sure you will be absolutely fine. I did have side effects when first taking them but that was all as I increased dosage because it was very gradual I didnt notice any.
    Robert how long have you been taking the 20 for?? It may be you need a higher dose. My Gp usually left it 6 weeks before an increase as it can take this long for you to feel the full effect. Jo.

Hi there, I've been on 20mg for about 12 weeks now. Am thinking of asking dr to up them to 30mg because I still have the odd panic and my anxiety is still there a bit. Did they make a real difference to you when you upped your dosage? I feel fine most of the time but still have the odd blip now and then and I want to get rid of those! Please could you let me know if you felt better going from 20mg to 30mg. Thanks very much.

Jannie

Hi Jannie I took citalopram for a number of years for anxiety, I found that when I went through what you call the odd blip I increased to 30ml (with the supervision of the GP) and it really helped. Because I took them for a long time (as a preventative) I used to drop back down to 20ml very slowly when I felt better again. You may want to increase to 30ml and stay on that for a while. But yes it has been effective for me in the past. Good luck. Jo.x

Quote Originally Posted by JT69 View Post
    Hi Jannie I took citalopram for a number of years for anxiety, I found that when I went through what you call the odd blip I increased to 30ml (with the supervision of the GP) and it really helped. Because I took them for a long time (as a preventative) I used to drop back down to 20ml very slowly when I felt better again. You may want to increase to 30ml and stay on that for a while. But yes it has been effective for me in the past. Good luck. Jo.x
    Hi Jo

Just curious - my cit packet says 20mg not 20ml.
    Do you take a liquid version, cos ml is a liquid measure and mg is a weight measure.
    I'd be very interested in trying a liquid version if such a thing exists.

Thanks
    Martin

Thanks very much Jo, I will have a word with the dr on Friday and see what he has to say. He has really been very helpful to me so hopefully he will head me in the right direction. You state you took 20ml and then 30ml, do you take a liquid form of Cit?

Jannie

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information