Thread: Motivation

Motivation

Can anyone give me tips or sugestions on how to motivate myself to change the way i think and act. As every day i say to myself i going to change like exercise more or talk to more people in general the i revert to my old self the next day or when i have a bad day.

Re: Motivation

Hi. I know how you feel. A hint I would give you is set yourself a small achievable task and maybe something with a friend so they are relying on you to meet them. Ie. tomorrow arrange a brisk walk in the park. Agree a time and meeting place and maybe reward yourselves with a nice treat after. Its easier to let yourself down than others don't you think? Good luck.

Re: Motivation

I totally know how you feel- it is awful isn't it?

Smudger has a great idea - give yourself a small task everyday. I have given myself really small tasks in the past- things like "fold clothes for 10 minutes" and that would be my task for the day.

Other times I felt so horrible I couldn't do anything so I would look at the things I had already done that day and consider them my tasks for the day ! Things like "I got myself a coffee" or "I brushed my teeth" , "feed my kitty" - I guess in a way it was accomplishing tasks - everything in small steps !

It is okay if you don't feel like doing anything- don't be hard on yourself-you're a special person !

Love-BB

Thread Information