Thread: A sort of body lockdown?

A sort of body lockdown?

Does anybody else get this?

When I panic, and sometimes when i'm not panicking, I get really really weak. I don't mean in a tired gonna fall asleep way, but as if my muscles have ceased working. Especially in my arms, legs, and chest/stomach area where it feels weakest. If I try to stand up my legs give way, and if I pick something up well I can't. Sometimes I literally can't move. I'll also get sort of tingling feelings rushing over me during this weakness which is strange.

Anyway I was just wondering if anybody gets this because it is pretty scary. It also can come out of the middle of nowhere.

Re: A sort of body lockdown?

Yes I think it is our bodies way of protecting us... that or it is the exhaustion.. I have similar and it would be interesting to find out I also get like a numb buzzing in my ears where it is between feeling spaced out and that stage of ear popping... really don't think you are alone but would be interesting to know why we get these feelings... maybe we do subconsciously tell our bodies to stop ..who knows or maybe our nerve systems are so highly sensitive it gives that sensation ... hugs sent x

Re: A sort of body lockdown?

Thanks. I get the ear thing too... I'm always trying to 'pop' my ears or tilt my head as if to get water out or sonething haha. Ugh panic is a strange thing... It's almost like our bodies turning against ourselves... Reminds you how little control you actually have over your body.

Thread Information