Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any advice on 5-HTP

Any advice on 5-HTP

Hi
    Does any one use 5-HTP ?
    Holland and Barratt tell me its very good, and looking on the internet it sounds great.
    I am still having a terrible time sleeping ( woke at 4.30am this morning and could not get back to sleep ) I have not had what I call a trouble free sleep for weeks now (I used to sleep right through - 8 hours a night, now I either don't fall asleep till 2am or wake at about 2.30am)
    I've tried Quiet Life and now I'm taking Valerina (started taking it about 3 days ago)
    I think the not sleeping is making me more anxious and I've been off work for a month now, and should hopefully be getting some temping work next week, but I'm worried in case I'm not ready re the lack of sleep/energy.
    Can anyone advice me please?

Nicki
    x

If you do decide to give it a go - don't mix and match.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

I tried it for a while. You'll sleep alright. Just all the time.

Yes. What is 5-HTP. Does anybody know about it and is it any good for anxiety?. I can only seem to find info from the people selling this and its bound to be biased. Any comments appreciated.

www.sjwinfo.org

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

I was thinking about taking 5-HTP also, i got the "News of the World Newspaper" Today, there was a little article about it in the Health Section, it said:

5-HTP
    Haywire body clocks can get help from L-5- Hydroxytryptophan, or 5-HTP,which comes from a natural African seed. Used by the body to make the "Happy" brain chemical serotonin, its important for nerve and brain function. Availabe from Holland & Barrett at £14.99 for 60 capsules.

Andrea
    xxx

ive been on 5htp for a week 100mg a day ive got anxiety with public speakin occasional panic attacks. results are that i feel more upbeat sleeping better seem less anxious but early days.DONT TAKE THIS IN THE MORNING coz it makes u drowsy take about 2 hours b4 sleep, then no drowsiness, all i can say is try it everyone is different but it might improve your symptoms.

1 side effect i have noticed i dont think it goes well with alcohol as i had a bad headache from 2 pints the other night

anyway uve got nothin to lose.

I have asked the doctor about taking 5HTP. She has said not to take it if you are taking any other medication prescribed by your GP. They can interact with one another.

Jenny xxx

i used to take 5htp but it really didnt help me at all, i think it can take up to 2 months before u see improvments by that time i had already gone to my doc and was perscriped prozac!!!

I have just started taking in.

Not much affect yet, but only has been a week, will give it longer and see if it helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information