Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cipralex and Libido

Re: Cipralex and Libido

Its early days it does take a while for them to kick in and you will feel less tired. i felt the same but your body does cope.

I was so depressed I did not feel the taste of food and I had no libido. So I do not know about this side affect as I couldn't experience it. But after starting reducing it I have more libido, and when I skipped on a tabelt by mistake or "untake" I was more sexually "irretable"

Good luck all,

ahahahaa I shouldn't laugh, but the term "sexually irritable" is quite hot - thanks for the image!

Matt

To which he replied "Yes, until I realised I'm not that important".

Best advice I ever had.

I am 23, just started taking them about 2 months ago, and I am dead from the waist down, I DO think about my BF and I miss him but once we start to fool around nothing happens. This got worse since I started taking Cypralex the depression was hindering it too.
    I see you all started at 15mg and have been going down, my doc started me at 10mg and then cause NOT everyday was a depression free day he put me up to 20mg which makes me ache when I get up in the morning. I dont know why but I get furious when I have to take them too, I dread every night when I have to take the pills, no idea why though.

Hi - sorry, I've been on holiday and only just saw this.

Difficult situation - the only answer I can think of is to drop back down to something like 10mg and just see how you get on.

Having no libido can really affect a relationship obviously, but if your fella is completely supportive I'm sure he'll cope - after all, as frustrating as it is not getting a seeing to when required, he should be happy to know that the meds you're on are hopefully going to fix you long-term.

It's going to be frustrating at times, but if it helps you deal with the anxiety, it's definitely worth it. I've been off the meds for years now and I don't regret a single week of being on then.

Best of luck, hope you get on ok!

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Velociraptina View Post
    I am 23, just started taking them about 2 months ago, and I am dead from the waist down, I DO think about my BF and I miss him but once we start to fool around nothing happens. This got worse since I started taking Cypralex the depression was hindering it too.
    I see you all started at 15mg and have been going down, my doc started me at 10mg and then cause NOT everyday was a depression free day he put me up to 20mg which makes me ache when I get up in the morning. I dont know why but I get furious when I have to take them too, I dread every night when I have to take the pills, no idea why though.

To which he replied "Yes, until I realised I'm not that important".

Best advice I ever had.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information