Thread: This is A terrible Way To Live

This is A terrible Way To Live

I have such terrible health anxiety. Every single ache or pain I feel I think I am dying. I was never like this before I believe I became this way when I watched my hubby suffer 2 heart attacks. So every pain in my chest I think I am having a heart attack. My arms hurt it's my heart.
    I am at my Dr's all the time that's it comes to a point where I am afraid to call there for the fear I am being laughed at. I still have this "lump" that I wanna get checked out but I am embarrassed to call and go in. And of course still having this lump is scarying me so bad I think I have cancer so something ....

Terri

Terri

I am sure that no-one at your doctors surgery will be laughing at you. In that sort of jobthey see people with all sorts of anxiety every day and are very used to it, they are also well aware of the dsitress is causes you.

I am sure that your doctor will not mind at all if you make an appointment to check your lump and maybe it will reassure you.

If you have been at the doctors a lot then I am sure that they would have picked something up if there was a problem.

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry about it

Annie x x

Terri

The best help and possible cure for HA is CBT - are you able to get any of this kind of treatment?

Nicola

[quote]Terri

The best help and possible cure for HA is CBT - are you able to get any of this kind of treatment?

I never really looked into it. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Terri

i understand your fears i myself have health anxiety wich takes over my life but today i said to myself if i dont worry today will something awful happen or if i do worry will something awful happen.so i chose not to worry today you see if something bad is going to happen to us its going to happen wether we worry or not .but the chances are nothing will happen.i might worry tommorrow again but ive gave myself a break today.i no its not easy but you see where im coming from.see your doc get it checked out im sure hell put your mind at rest and never worry about what other people think of you .you worry about everthing else please dont worry about that.take care marcia xxxx

marcia lowe

Thread Information