Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: acid reflux???

acid reflux???

hi
    ive been diagnosed with acid reflux, been put on lansoprazole, the thing is my main symptom is it feels like my throat and adenoids are swollen which the doctor hasnt given me anything for.
    the doctor said they are conected.
    i do get some heartburn, but mostly its burping or bloated tummy high up i suffer from, i find it uncomfortable when i eat i also get a bit breathless to especially on eating.
    anyone else had these symptoms and been diagnosed with acid.
    also im realy reluctant to take the ppi as im scared as i googles it and found a site of horror stories
    side effects that said agitation, depression, anxiety, breathlessness, i dont want these side effects as im on seroxat for that anyway.
    think id rather have reflux .
    thanks any advise appreciated
    xx maybe xx

Re: acid reflux???

I've had all these symptoms and take lansoprazole. Please don't worry - I know numerous people who take this med and have still to hear any of them saying they've had a side effect.
    Myra

thankyou myra
    dothey work? its the nose and throat blocking thats getting me down most...

The reflux of acid can cause the throat symptoms, but so also can anxiety. It can also make you feel as though your throat is "blocked". Probably all the worrying about your symptoms has made you have even more symptoms!! Lansoprazole does work, but also cutting back on certain foods can help and not eating immediately before going to bed as this puts pressure on the stomach to push the acid up. It's not serious though, so please don't worry.
    Myra

hello maybe i jus wanted to say that i too suffer acid reflux and advice u to take ur medication for it as last yr i had alot of problems and felt as if i cudnt swallow food as it wud get stuk in my throat and it gve my throat a tight swollen feeling too and id try and hack foods up this resulted in me not eating solid foods to stop the problem and months past and i lost 3stone becos of this ,well me being a suffereer of health anxiety i was worried of what it could be and obbsessed about it in the end saw an ent who put a camera up my nose and into my throat dwn espogus n that and saw that it was bad reflux causing this problem as it was infalmmed etc so he put me on some esmoprezole and within weeks i cud eat again i was soo thrilled it was one of the most scariest things ive ever been through but its serious problem and can cause alot of nasty symptoms so take ur tabs a nd ave a boring natural diet like i did for abit nufin acidic which is quite hard to do but i had to cut out tomato soup which i was glad becos thats all i cud eat wen i ccudnt swallow or i fought i cudnt anyway all the best if u ave any other questions message me love cxxx

thankyou both of you
    i could do with losing 2 stone lol, can you have acid reflux withouttheheart burn? dont get me wrong i do get heart burn i get bad bouts, then that calmsdown buit leaves me with the nose problems, ihave got mucous in throat all the time.
    im goingto be brave and take themeds tomorrow, also ive got a very dry mouth and get horrible taste too sometimes,
    thanks guys

i also take this tab and believe me i get side effects from paracetomol but i have not had any side effects from them

Good Luck Maggie

hi, im a sufferer of acid reflux , av been for bout 5yr, taking omerparozle an been fine with it , if i get bad days i up my dose, i av to watch what i eat, an dont always get acid, av alot of wind always burping, an get heavy feeling in middle of bk an chest which was worrying at 1st since im a health anxiety sufferer too. xx

yeah u can get reflux without the burning ,it can cause pains in bk shpulderblades,chest and water brash like a feeling of water collecting in ur mouth , a cough and all sorts .makes me laugh how bad it can afftect u so u have to be careful what u eat etc and keep ur digestive tract healthy as it can be . best wishes c.xx

i suffer from this and I worry its a hiatul hernia...they symptoms are such that Id welcome surgery to correct the problem. I cant rly breathe from my abdomen/stomach, its a real struggle...I get breathless and have a wheeze after eating/drinking which may mean im inspiring stomach acid..which worries me a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information