Thread: Swear I have Bowel Cancer

Swear I have Bowel Cancer

Hi All, Been Months since being on here, been on Citalopram and all has been good for months, then past few weeks BAM !!!

Really feel as though i have Bowel Cancer, have been getting extremely strong smelling wind & stools, also been gagging and burping a hell of a lot.

But in spite of that i have put weight on not lost it, no blood in my stools.

Had a sore throat recently and thought i has throat cancer. Its starting to get hold of me again and i really thought i had beat it : (

Re: Swear I have Bowel Cancer

Awwww. I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time after such great months.

Smelly poos (soz!) are NOT a sign of bowel cancer. There's nothing about bowel cancer that would cause that. Neither could it cause burping or gagging.

Sounds like IBS - or could just be that you're not getting enough fibre, perhaps. Maybe a mino bout of gastritis? These are very common symptoms, but I have NEVER heard of them in relation to bowel cancer. Honestly.

No blood in your stools, no weight loss - no bowel cancer

Re: Swear I have Bowel Cancer

Hi Chadless, I'm having a bit of a relapse at the minute too in terms of general and helath anxiety. Funny how we can plod happily along without much of a care in the world for while and then WHOOSH!! Anxiety knocks the wind out of our sails.

I'v got a sore throat too at the minute but because its just a little sore my panic is minimum. I do worry about other things needlessly all the time. I know I should just relax about things but it aint that easy is it??

Saying this, today I have been okay and havent really worried too much so all is good.

Try and do something to take your mind off these ailments and unwind, dont let anxiety steal the whole of your weekend xx

Thread Information