Thread: When people seem to disappear from NMP site

Question When people seem to disappear from NMP site

I have begun private messaging to two different members in the past but in each case they have very suddenly ceased to PM me even though both have seemed very keen and genuine people, nor do they appear to use the site anymore, unless they visit without logging on. I am fortunate that I manage my anxiety quite well these days and I have good support from friends and family but I still feel concern for these people and occasionally wonder how they are doing and why they so suddenly withdrew from any form of contact. I like to think that their lives have suddenly turned around for the better and that they are having such a positive time that logging on to the site doesn't occur to them but it's like unfinished business and really quite sad that a potentially promising connection with a like-minded soul just comes to nothing. I realise that everyone will do whatever feels best for them at the time and as long as they are happy then that is the main thing. I am just wondering if anyone else has felt the way I do regarding loss of contact with other members.

Re: When people seem to disappear from NMP site

Yes I have !But I like to think its because they are well enough to move on .Ive kept in contact with some by Text and email ,but not everyone wants long term friendship and support .Try not to take it to heart ,people are like that ..They know where you are if they need you so dont worry about them hun.xxSue

If you are really worried about someone then I can always email them for you and ask if they are ok and let them know you were thinking of them.

If you want me to do this then send me the names in a PM

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Maddy

I had to reply to your post. I maybe one of those people you are talking about, I think.

I joined NMP last Feb/march when I was first diagnosed with anxiety and I must say NMP saved me from not knowing what to do/where to go e.t.c.
    I have met some lovely people and had some fantastic support and advice from here.

I have not been on for a long time but I keep reading postsa and answer them if I can. It is not that we have disappeared, its I have a lot to cope with at the moment and am quite ill (Anxiety and menopause).

Its not that I am ignoring anyone, we have other things going on in our life which do not give us the time to come on here. I am only talking about myself here.

I would not have been able to cope with my anxiety at the start if it had not been for this site and I do thank Nicola for what she has done for so many people, and she is not well herself.

Anyway, sorry if you think we disappear...I know you are not directly talking about me...I am just trying to get better...easier said than done.

Thats my expalnation.

Thank you for your concerns though, it is nice to know people miss each other on here.

TAKE CARE

Sharona

Hi

I often wonder how people are doing that are no longer here.
    It seems often there are people that post regularly with some real issues then after a while they just dissapear
    I myself did dissapear for a few months but it was because i fel i was doing fine and wanted some time away from things that reminded me of how i was.

Marc x

Thread Information