Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: weaning myself off 15mg starts tonight-my diary starts here

Red face Re: weaning myself off 15mg starts tonight-my diary starts here

Hi smudger, i ahve just done the same thing myself and I tell you it feels so good to be off those damed things. I found that they affected my eyes and my hearing a lot and this has all improved since i them stopped altogether. try a day off then take one, then two days and so on. i feel refreshed and like i have got my own life back instead of being in a bit of a daze like before! best of luck, hope you feel the same.
    Chris577.

Re: weaning myself off 15mg starts tonight-my diary starts here

Just thought I'd bump this up as there are a couple of people on the forum withdrawing from Mirtazapine. I think it's an interesting, encouraging and hopeful thread about a member's successful withdrawal.

Strange reading Chris's post as I think my hearing is being affected by the mirt - I certainly have an increase in tinnitus. My eyes have been really watery since I began taking it too.

Belle xx
    Last edited by Belleblue; 11-09-11 at 19:42. Reason: more text

Re: weaning myself off 15mg starts tonight-my diary starts here

I'm one of us tapering off mirtazapine, from 30mg/day, which I started in mid March. Two weeks ago I dropped down to 15mg, since tonight I'm going to take 15mg every other night for another two weeks. Then hopefully off a/ds altogther, will be the first time since January 2008!

How are others getting on? Please share, to spread and gain support!

My experience so far...
    The past two weeks I haven't felt any different from how I've felt the past couple of months. I'm taking this to be a good thing! Basically fairly stable with moods wobbling only a little bit and mostly closely associated with my tiredness levels. I'm hoping once I'm off mz'pine altogether I won't feel so tired any more and then I will always be happy (I can hope...)

Anxiety wise I think I'm pretty good too. Though I've been avoiding potential stresses well: this summer I've taken off as planned vacation between finishing my uni degree and starting job hunting in October. Only minor worries about thinking I won't be good enough to be employed, or be able to keep a job. Hopefully these are normal worries anyone would have!

Question to others who've come off mirtazapine
    If you gained weight while on mz'pine, did you find it easy to lose the weight too? Or has that been tough and you really had to work at it?

I gained 1 1/2 stone on it (though I was a bit underweight to start with from not eating properly due to anxiety). I had hoped it would magically disappear and I'd go back down to my pre-troubles weight as quickly and easily as I'd put the weight on. But maybe I am hoping too much? Or did you only start to lose the weight after you totally finished taking the pills (ie not as you were tapering down the dose)

Thanks in advance for any of your stories.
    Zexx

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information