Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: weaning myself off 15mg starts tonight-my diary starts here

weaning myself off 15mg starts tonight-my diary starts here

Tonight I am going to attempt to wean myself off 15mg mirtazapine as I am hoping my low iron is causing my depression.I will take 7.5mg for 7 days initially. (Ive started iron tablets prescribed by the doc) I will also take omega 3 and a multi vitamin. I am scared but here goes...

Day 1 As usual dozed through the alarm going off 5 times! So hard to get up! Shopped at Aldi n surprised myself. The checkout lady was like a wippet putting through my goods and u know how small the checkouts are. I said "wow u go fast, are you trained to go that fast?" She said "yes" and smiled. Rather than get all annoyed with her (she was really pleasant afterall) and stressed I CALMLY said "hardly makes for pleasant shopping does it?". She agreed and I took my time finishing off packing at MY pace. I cant believe how calm I was! Used to get the shakes in this scenario! Healthy lunch planned, mackerel n salad. Feeling okay but feel I should go swimming (guilt) but need to iron.
    Last edited by smudger; 22-02-10 at 11:18.

Re: weaning myself off 15mg starts tonight-my diary starts here

Hey, have you discussed this with your GP? please do so first before you attempt to wean yourself off any meds. x

Thanks for your concern. I have discussed with my GP but not the CBT doc who prescribed it. My GP said its up to me what I do and as I am on a low dose it will be fine. She even told me there is no side effects as mirtazapine has a half life so I could just stop it but I disagree reading other peoples experience so I am going to do it gradually. Had a nightmare coming off 40mg citalopram when ~I switched to 15mg mirtazapine without weaning. NOT going there again!

Good luck!
    I truly hope it works for you!!
    Keep us updated k?

xxx
    Sandy
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

Dear Smudger I wish you all the best. Keep posting and let us know how you get on. EJ.

eeyorelover and elizabethjane, thanks. Will keep u posted.xx

Tonight I am going to attempt to wean myself off 15mg mirtazapine as I am hoping my low iron is causing my depression.I will take 7.5mg for 7 days initially. (Ive started iron tablets prescribed by the doc) I will also take omega 3 and a multi vitamin. I am scared but here goes...

Day 1 As usual dozed through the alarm going off 5 times! So hard to get up! Shopped at Aldi n surprised myself. The checkout lady was like a wippet putting through my goods and u know how small the checkouts are. I said "wow u go fast, are you trained to go that fast?" She said "yes" and smiled. Rather than get all annoyed with her (she was really pleasant afterall) and stressed I CALMLY said "hardly makes for pleasant shopping does it?". She agreed and I took my time finishing off packing at MY pace. I cant believe how calm I was! Used to get the shakes in this scenario! Healthy lunch planned, mackerel n salad. Feeling okay but feel I should go swimming (guilt) but need to iron.

Day 2 Woke up quite bright this morning. Feel ok! I look horrible though! So overweight! If it wasn't for this I would feel very good.

Hi Smuder, Looking forward to following your journey weaning off mirtazipine. Scary for me that after quite a length of time on the meds you were still finding it hard to get up. I dread what i will do when I go back to work...Good luck... Jo

Hi. Thanks Jo.Don't worry. We all react differently. You may find it wears off quicker. My iron was low anyway and I only starting my iron tablets on Friday last. Been a good day today again. Please let this last!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information