Thread: Anixety issues

Anixety issues

Hello Everyone

This is the first time I have posted on here, but I have read so much.....

I have suffered from depression since my children where born 17 years ago and have taken anti depressant drugs off and on for all those years. About 6 years ago I had my first panic attack and had to take 3 months off work as I was scared of leaving the house. I had CBT and it really worked for me. Up until last October I was doing OK, I had a new job and was doing really well. Then it all started again. I was sat at my desk and had pain in my chest, the people I work with where really good to me and reasurred my I was OK, but called for an ambulance just to be on the safe side. I was taken to A & E and had 3 EGC's and a blood test, all of which confirmed that I wasnt having a heart attack, but I was kept in over night. Since then I have been having chest pain which goes into my throat and my face tingles. I have been back to my GP several times and am back on the prozac again but he has referred me to the hospital. I went last week for a treadmill test. I had pain in my throat and face before the test and it stayed the same during the test. I asked the nurse if she could give me any idea as to what the pain was but she was not able to and now I am waiting to see the consultant in 2 weeks time. I have just been sent home from work again as I cry when the pain comes on. Im so scared that the pain is my heart (Im over weight and not fit) but I need to know if the pain is causing my anxiety or the anxiety is causing the pain. I have made steps to try and sort myself out, Ive lost 2 stone, cut down on my alcohol and started swimming, walking and ballroom dancing. I feel like Im going insane........ I have been referred again for CBT but Im on a waiting list..... I need help now, not in 6 months time.

Whats wrong with me, I have a wonderful husband, 2 lovely children and a good supportive family and friends... I just want to get on with my life....

Can anyone offer me any help ?

Hi AppleBlossom

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Anixety issues

you should hopefully find the answers you need around here somewere i did

there is nothing wrong with you ,we all ask this but its our mind controling our boddies we have to tryto learn to change this into positive thinking

thank you...... do you have any suggestions how I can start to think positvely ?. I have phoned the CBT again today and they are now fast tracking me through so I see someone urgently but I need help now..... please

Ive had a horrible day...... Ive had pain in my chest and throat all day and now my heart is racing..... Im so scared, I dont want to die

Hi Appleblossom,
    If you have had ECG tests any heart defect will have been picked up.I have pains in my chest and into my throat and up until recently I wouldn't walk more than 1/4 mile in case the pain got worse.Your chest muscles become very sensitive 'cos hyperventilation is a symptom of anxiety the fact that you have had clear ECG test should be reassuring Once I accepted that my pain and difficulty breathing was cos of anxiety and didn't worry too much about it it has got better and I walked 4 miles last week!
    The doc also increased my dose of Citalopram which also helped
    An ECG test will pick up any abnormality in your heart rate.I know it's very difficult but try not to worry it is not an uncommon symptom of anxiety.Self Help for your Nerves by Claire Weeks ( you can get it from W H Smiths ) is well worth a read and deals with all sorts of symptoms of anxiety.
    I hope you soon feel better, remember your not on your own lots of people on here will be going through the same thing.
    Love Linda

thank you Linda...... I feel a little calmer than I did a few hours ago.... I just hope I can make it through the next 2 weeks when I get to see the consultant and hopefully get the all clear.. and I hope its not too long before the CBT starts.

Just had a phone call from the doctors and my CBT starts next week. I made it into work today, but I am feeling like I need to go home, the thought of something bad happening again is ruling my head. I woke up with chest pain today and it got really intense a few hours ago, but Ive had my tens machine on and its calmed me down a bit. I feel really shakey and light headed though so I dont want to drive home..... im in a vicious circle.....

Hi Appleblossom
    Dizziness and being light headed is a classic syptom of anxiety, are you on any medication?TRy not to worry I can't recommend Claire Weeks book enough it really helped me a lot
    So glad your CBT is starting soon
    Love Linda

Thread Information