Thread: Confused about which supplements!

Confused about which supplements!

Hiya- i know there have been posts similar to this but im slightly confused about what to try! I am currently taking fluoxetine (prozac) and am wondering if it is safe to take supplements. I already take omega 3 oil capsules but am thinking of trying vitamin B complax and Valerian root capsules. Does anybody know if they are all ok or if that is going overboard?? lol. I should think the vitamin B will be ok but im not sure about the valerian root. Thanks for any help!

Em x

hi emma i think it should be ok i would call your pharmacist just to check.when we are anxiety sufferers we need all the nutrition we can get.good for you for looking after yoursilf.take care marcia xx

marcia lowe

I took that exact same combination with no ill effects.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

hi
    i was advised to take b vits and magnesium but not to get from supermarket but go to a health shop
    i have heard of valerian but not tried it apparently bannanas are good for anxiety/stress etc i also take omega 3 and vit e
    Dan

thanks for your replies everybody- ive just read something on the net saying that its not advised to take valerian root with anti anxiety medication but im not sure if this is everybody's opinion.

Yes not to take it with valium and other calmants etc

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

when I took prozac I had a hard time falling asleep at night... I also had a hard time falling asleep if I took a B complex too close to bed time. So it should be fine, but Id reccomend taking the B vitamin as soon as possible in the morning.

another question... Is it okay to take a calcium/magnesium supplement? I know both are good for anxiety... but are they good in one pill?

"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

I dont know anything about this sort of thing - is it OK to just take a multi-vitamin and would that do any good???

*Is it okay to take a calcium/magnesium supplement?*

Yes but just take a months course to start with - not continual . Mainly good for some peoples palpitations

*is it OK to just take a multi-vitamin*

Being acutely anxious depletes the body, esp of Vit B - a multi vit has daily maintainance doses but not enough to replenish, but certainly better than nothing.

Meg

sorry to sound iggnorant but is there a pill that just has vitiman B's in it? And if so how do you know how much to take?

Thread Information