Thread: Acid In Stomache/Upper Abdomen

Thumbs down Acid In Stomache/Upper Abdomen

Recently ive been getting pressure in my upper abdomen and its been hard to breathe, i cant eat because of it because i choke on my food and i cant sleep because i wake up breathless also it comes up into my throat which is a struggle too, but anyway i have tablets for it now i hope they work and i hope it is what the doctor says it is!

Very frightening, Anyone had this?

(This is an acid build up in my stomache/asoficus from anxiety and stress)

Re: Acid In Stomache/Upper Abdomen

Yep! Have it right now....my stomach is so screwed up due to my anxiety!! I am just taking over-the-counter medication right now. Going to the Dr on Monday for a full physical and will mention this...I am sure a TON of people on this forum have experienced this!! Don't worry!!

I have the WORST stomache issues, tried lots of over the counter meds but heres something that has tremendously helped me. Aloe Juice... go to your local health food store (I use whole foods) and get a concentrated bottle of pure aloe vera juice (there is even one especially for the stomache! This one works the best for me) you take little shots of it throughout the day in the morning, and before and after meals, Most of them taste awfull but really do help, they can be a but pricy but are SO worth it... really it soothes and aids in the balancing of tummy acids

I have suffered this for a while. The doctor prescribed me lots of PPis and ant acids, all of which made my anxiety worse, i read online about apple cider vinegar, i eventually managed to track some down and have started taking it, only onto day 3 but already feeling better

I had something similar which started last Wednesday. I was fine until I ate some toast ( which has affected me before on occassions), and about an hour later that awful burning, heartburn pain under the breast bone. It was relieved after some antacid but didnt properly go away so then my mind starts working overtime
    By the next morning I was so churned up and my stomach so tight that I havent eaten properly for a week even though the heartburn has gone.

I have acid all the time and it goes into my back, my side etc... I have a feeling of wind all over my abdomen, it feels awful all of the time really. No medication seems to work no matter what the GP tries.

I get a feeling of like golf ball in my throat:-(

Thread Information