Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: depersonalisation/derealisation

Feeling worse in the morning seems to be something alot of us have in common. Do you have breakfast in the morning ?
    I get the same feelings you describe and am trying out a whole new way of eating which avoids any sugar at all and I have to eat only complex carbs and protein (this is my 3rd day).
    Hope you feel better soon , its true what your mother said, those who are mad dont know it!

mirryx

Hi All
    The first psychiatrist I saw (who was a lovely caring man) put his arm around me when I said desperately "I think I'm ging mad"! and said "Those who are mad are not aware of their journey into madness". Well it made me feel so much better.

Mirry I would love to know more about the diet - if you have time.

Lots of love
    Yvonne

Y Goble

hiya annie,

this DR/DP is such a common theme in anxiety and personally I reckon its the worst! I absolutely hate that feeling that you dont exist or the world doesn't exist or something.. but since coming on this site and hearing so many others experiencing the exact same thing, I know its not just me.. So now when I get it instead of thinking i'm mad or somehow different from everyone, i just think, oh thats an anxiety symptom that will go and needless to say it always does.. if it comes back thats because i'm anxious and thinking about it too much..

I hope you accept this more and know that you are NOT going mad!! I promise!!

big hugs,

lisa [^]
    xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Sometimes i just think with DR that it is just a way of coping so i'd better go with it....people can't tell and it isn't like a full blow PA...as unpleasant as both are...

Sarah

Hi Annie, sorry to hear you have had a bad day; me too:( Well done for getting through work and keeping the family in check! We are all stronger than we think and always have reserves to get us through.

I too know how you feel when you talk of derealisation - what is this place, what am I doing, who am I, I'm here why, everything seems to whizz by.....Have you found yourself walking up and down the aisles in Asda in a daze and then snap out of it realising you've just lost 20 mins and been pushing an egg buttie (which you don't want) around?

Keep your chin up; it's the weekend and tomorrow is another day.

sarahliz xxxxxx

Thanks Sarah

Sorry you've been feeling rough too. Those are exactly the quesitons I am asking myself and you described it perfectly.

Hope we both feel better soon.

Annie x x

Hi hope you are feeling better, this is a symptom I have had a bit in the past but recent weeks started to suffer more.
    Last night i had a terrible do and panicked too, and Thursday evening was similar, so bad I rang NHS direct as i couldnt believe anxiety could cause this.I had one similar before and ended up in hospital.
    The one thing I have noticed is as long as Im working or busy im fine, its when I go into relaxation mode.
    i am going to read the threads Meg gave now as i need to knock this on the head before it starts.
    I am getting better not worse!!!
    Take care.xxxxxxxxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
    and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Sorry to hear that you are feeling rotten Alexis.

I can really sympathise! Like, you, I am ok when I am busy but when I have nothing to do then my mind begins to think and race and I can't stop it.

I hope you manage to find something that works. I'm going to try yoga

Annie x

Hi Annie, Ive done yoga and its great, my idea is to keep mind active and fight it when I feel it coming on. I will not let it scare me.I dont actually feel rotten with it, just dont like it, if that makes sense.
    Go for yoga, Im sure you will enjoy and find it beneficial.

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
    and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Alexis,

I am going to try and take a leaf out of your book and not let it scare me, easier said than done though I am sure!!

Annie x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information