Thread: no limit on technology

no limit on technology

only on what our fragile human bodies can take.
    seriously, Im wondering...is there ever a point where we turn around and say "Well, that's the airplane, we cant improve it further...it's great isnt it" that dosent happen. People are always at work trying to improve current technology, or create new technologies by mixing current ones and a bit of innovation. Now that apple brought out that iPad, I was like "WOW!" I never thought that in the future we'd all be carrying around portable, wireless internets on devices as thicks as plasterboard, and as big as A4 (I say all because the prices will be way down in 20 years, so it's conceivable)
    Perhaps one day, (500-3000 years ahead) humans will be travelling from earth to mars in spacecraft that are better than we couldve imagine now, off to their mars holiday, or the science labs where they work.
    Mayby a new type of battery will be made, allowing our mp3s to keep on playing, allowing machines that require more power to become portable.
    Perhaps a new engine will be created to replace the current jet engines in aircraft, mayby an engine that uses less fuel but still goes like shit.
    These things might seem like an imaginary fantasy land, but think about it, they are all very possible, technology has always come round before and swept us off our feet, is there any limit to the capabilities of technology?
    How much will a person's life be changed in the future by their technology?
    Could they scan themselves in seconds with a cheap small device, and then get a reading telling them they have no health problems (Ofcourse, then there would be people that this thing would effect negatively, hospitals and doctors would ofcourse get less work) and so corruption ensues, it seems to always happen! Mayby the only thing slowing down the advance of technology are people and their money, they won't want to lose money because of a fantastic brilliant new thing comes out.
    In times of war, technology has never grown so fast, there was a real danger, and a real reason to make technology better, to beat that of the enemies.
    Ju get me?

Re: no limit on technology

Technology is amazing, look at Japan, they have really cool things like electronic houses and robots, etc etc, and yea you're right, they are gunna be everywhere in years to come.

I remember when people were all excited for 2000, cause scientists were saying we'd have flying cars lol. I also remember everyone watching Australia in 2000, to see if all their electronic appliances had tried to kill them lol.

~"...to reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people :
    Yes, We Can!!!! ~

Wolfieeeeee

I think technology is amazing but it has made some of us lazy, overweight and unfit! Me included!lol!

Japan has some awesome technology, alot of it impractical, Lol it's a bit like Japan is the test/prototype room, and the western world is the practice of the tech for real.
    Yeah it can make one lazy, but i guess it's down to the individual.
    Im aware of the whole flying car expectation, and they probably also thought that we could teleport by now, I mustn't go down that road lol!-but the internet wasn't really foreseen i dont think, and it's a great thing

Hello

Yes i agree with you! technology is amazing but the thing that has amazed me the most is how quickly it has advanced!! i am only 23 and when i was a teenager having a mobile was a luxury there was no such thing as MP3's and the internet wasnt like it was now 10 years ago.

If you think back to the 1940s and how technology has advanced since then it boggles my mind!! and it wasnt even that long ago!!

Im sure that technology has its positives and its negatives advancing so fast. I know so many people in my age group and just under who dont work, they dont go out, they spend their life on computer games and world of warcraft or whatever the new game of the moment is. Its upsetting because the imaginary characters they create on these games are having a more fulfilling life than they are! I do love games like this and its easy to become engrossed and it amazes me how fantastically made they are! its just a shame that other joys like playing football with your friends, climbing trees and spending more time enjoying nature is being replaced.

It does of course have its positives and its wrong of me to just mention the negative side, its just something that i have been thinking about lately as it effects alot of people i know.

Its exciting and slightly scary to see what the next 50 years will bring but i have always been a bit of a bohemian at heart.

xx

Exactly!
    I remember kids in the early 90s, we used to play outside, climb trees, smash stuff, consoles were part of it though.
    And yea, in the big scale the 1940s are not long ago atall. So the next fifty will we see the ever accelerating advance of technology? Not to disgard the negatives, but I hope so.

Thread Information