Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hypnosis for anxiety and depression

hypnosis for anxiety and depression

I am soon to have a course of hypnosis under the NHS for six sessions. It is rare to find this type of therapy under the NHS. I have had hypnosis before and I want to work on my sleep problems and my very low mood. I went into Waterstones recently and looked at the hypnosis cds but dont want to buy one until my course starts in April. I asked the therapist last time if they had one but they were in the process of re doing it. Last time the sessions were filmed for training purposes. I am wondering whether I can refuse this if I want to? I will let you all know how I get on and whether my sleep improves and there are significant changes in my mood.

Re: hypnosis for anxiety and depression

Yes you can request that your sessions are not filmed, they have to ask your permission for this, simply say you are not comfortable with this and do not want to be filmed, they cannot make you. I had hypnotherapy, not sure it had a long lasting effect but at the time the relaxation from it was addictive! good luck x

I have had the letter outlining the sessions today. There will be four in total going to six maximum if they think that you need it. The only problem was that they changed the time which annoyed me a bit but I think that the new times will be ok if I do a bit of re organisation. I sent a message to the therapist but he hasn't replied to that abour recording but I think that I can refuse if I want to. I actually thought it was ME who had got the appointment times wrong thinking that I might have misheard them but it was THEM . I have to sign a consent form plus a beck anxiety inventry and The HADS scale for depression. There is also another questionnaire called a BDI-II might mean something to somebody. I am actually looking foward to the sessions now. I still can't decide whether to buy a sleep cd from the internet or not. My husband said that I was talking in my sleep again last night. He does not remember what it was about. Ther annoying thing is I can't remember anything about it although I'm going to start writing down the bad dreams that I experience. I know I've had them but I can't remember much about them.

my partner karen is thinking of having hypnosis for panic attacks, so would be interested if anyone has found that it works. thanks pete

Elizabeth

That's fatastic that you are getting this on the NHS. I did try it but only once. I was far too anxious to get into it but had i carried on with it, it may have been of benefit. It cost a fortune too.

You will definately be able to stop the filming of your session as they would be breaking the law otherwise.

Very best of luck with it and please let us know how you get all.

All the best hun

Lisa
    xxx

I am still waiting to get in to see a local hypnotherapist, they are still booked up, have been for months - which is great in a way, but hoping I can get in soon to help alieviate my extreme phone phobia/phone anxiety.

Sorry Paul that you having to wait for hypnosis. I am lucky as my treatment will be on the NHS but this is vey unusual. There is a local GP who has a specific interst in hypnosis and the treatment is done at the doctors surgery. There are several of the practice nurses there who are trained too. The only disadvantage is that they like to film the sessions as they use them to train others and to perfect thedir own techniques. It does not start until April but I'll let you know how I get on.

Hope it goes well for you ElizabethJane. I too start CBT tomorrow night and the therapist has said to me that the best thing for anxiety is hypnosis. I said that I was a bit scared of trying that and she said she would talk me through it and go from there. I am having to go private as no help from the NHS.

I hope you get on ok when you receive your treatment, I will post on here after my session tomorrow night and let you know how it went with mine.

All the very best to you.

Jannie x x

Started seeing the therapist last night, she was so nice. Talked through lots of things in my life and found it very easy to talk to her. She started me very slowly on hypnosis and it was nothing like I thought it would be, very relaxing. She said it is the best way to deal with anxiety/panic so I'm giving it a go :-) Another appt next week :-)

Jannie x x

how do get it it on the nhs? i ask my docter and he said no.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information