Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eyes cant focus

eyes cant focus

Hi, has anybody felt like they couldent get theit eye to focus. Or that they feel as though they are just 'staring into space' and you cant make them feel 'real'. Sorry this is hard to expalain. I am also worried about constant lightheaded and pressure feeling in head and ears.
    Anybody have 'eye' issues ???

thanks this is a such a helpful forum

sharanj

Re: eyes cant focus

Hi,
    Yes i have this all the time.. my eyes feel strained and cant focus on objects, an everywhere i look it just looks unreal and weird.. hard to describe but i know exactly what you mean! This is a symptom of anxiety so please try not to worry!
    I have the dizziness too and pressure in head and ears... im suffering from the dizziness at the moment and its awful... very hard to convince myself that it is just panic, but it is! The pressure thing in head and ears is awful.. ears feel like theyre going to burst!
    Its a very strange feeling and sometimes feel so real that it cant be panic, but im sure it is!!
    Try not to worry and hope u feel better soon x

i have the same thing been to the opticians loads of times over this and they say theres no change in my prescription.i would say that if i am busy then i dont notice it so i guess it is anxiety related but the real problem is making ourselves believe this. what you have described sounds typical anxiety.
    Choliver.

Yes lately I have had this fuzzy vision and it is like it takes my eyes more time to focus

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

I have head pressure and eye issues, if it isn't 1 thing it's another!

hi, i have suffered with anxiety for 11 years. The eyes cant focus is a typical symptom of anxiety. I have yet to work out how to get rid of it, even after all these years. Just try and go with it and dont frighten yourself,

thanks all for your replies. Its a very wierd feeling to have. Just dont feel with it. I drove to Gp surgery this morning and I felt as well that I didnt feel as confident as usual. The road seemed to slope more that usual or something I think I need to try and chill out, Im working myself into a right state about it all XX

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by sharanj View Post
    thanks all for your replies. Its a very wierd feeling to have. Just dont feel with it. I drove to Gp surgery this morning and I felt as well that I didnt feel as confident as usual. The road seemed to slope more that usual or something I think I need to try and chill out, Im working myself into a right state about it all XX
    I'm sure anxiety makes this worse...

I had a migraine last night and my eyes are still a bit blurry and I had trouble focusing when reading today. Antidepressants can also cause mydriasis (or enlarged pupils) which can cause this too.

From experience, it always resolves after a few days so don't let it worry you too much!

Never Surrender, Comrade

This is entirely anxiety, sharanj. I have come on here today with exactly the same problem and was looking to see what people have said about it. This is spot on. The key thing that you say which makes me thing it's the same was the bit about 'not being able to describe it' - that is EXACTLY the problem i have. It is such an odd feeling that i can't articulate it. Anyway, what i can say is that i have been having eye pressure, head pressure (how my HA started) and wierd head sensations which make me tired, for over 16 months now. It is horrible and i too haven't found anything which i can make it react to - i am equally frustrated. Just grit your teeth and battle on...you'll be fine.

totally get what ur saying, my eyes go 'trippy' as i call it, its a defo anxiety related symptom, why it happens i dont know. I do know that when my eyes go weird it is usually followed by a bout of anxiety. I get the same 'floaty' not attatched type feeling, v. odd and i find it really annoying x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information