I had a lot of trouble with palpitations over the last few years, used to freak me out totally! And of course that only made it worse lol!

It turns out that excess stomach acid is what sets them off for me. So do certain foods or medications, mainly ones that raise the levels of acid in your stomach. Things like alcohol, spicy foods, too much tomatoe or even eating too much so that my stomach is too full. Sometimes even bending over will set them off, because I have a hiatus hernia and the acid can get out of my stomach easily! If I'm sick or my stomach is upset, that can also set them off.

I'm afraid that apple cider vinegar made them worse too!

But the main thing is they no longer frighten me because I know the source of them, and my heart has checked out fine with all the tests I know to use antacids if my stomach is upset and that usually solves the problem. It's amazing how your heart can be so connected to your stomach!

I guess what I really wanted to say is, keeping an eye on your diet in relation to your heart palps can give you a clue as to the source. If you find you're having them after certain foods, meds, drinks or certain exercises then it might give you an idea as to what's happening.

It's important to remember that anxiety can set them off too, and that definitely happens to me also. When I am very stressed my heart can beat all put of rhythm. But I take that as a sign that it's time to take a step back and relax, do some breathing and stop the stress response - it always helps with the palps.