Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Read this Heart thud/pvc sufferers

Re: Read this Heart thud/pvc sufferers

I had a lot of trouble with palpitations over the last few years, used to freak me out totally! And of course that only made it worse lol!

It turns out that excess stomach acid is what sets them off for me. So do certain foods or medications, mainly ones that raise the levels of acid in your stomach. Things like alcohol, spicy foods, too much tomatoe or even eating too much so that my stomach is too full. Sometimes even bending over will set them off, because I have a hiatus hernia and the acid can get out of my stomach easily! If I'm sick or my stomach is upset, that can also set them off.

I'm afraid that apple cider vinegar made them worse too!

But the main thing is they no longer frighten me because I know the source of them, and my heart has checked out fine with all the tests I know to use antacids if my stomach is upset and that usually solves the problem. It's amazing how your heart can be so connected to your stomach!

I guess what I really wanted to say is, keeping an eye on your diet in relation to your heart palps can give you a clue as to the source. If you find you're having them after certain foods, meds, drinks or certain exercises then it might give you an idea as to what's happening.

It's important to remember that anxiety can set them off too, and that definitely happens to me also. When I am very stressed my heart can beat all put of rhythm. But I take that as a sign that it's time to take a step back and relax, do some breathing and stop the stress response - it always helps with the palps.

I hate bananas unfortunately!

Quote Originally Posted by graceyjade View Post
    i've been taking magnesium tablets and its really worked, not had any problems since
    ^This. I take 250mgs of Magnesium a day after a Doc told me it would help. It did help a lot. I still get PVC's but they are very few and far between when before they seemed to be almost daily.

I eat banana's too sometimes but they can be binding. :/

This is incredible information! I get ectopic beats constantly for ten+ years. Doctors always tell me my blood work is fine, my ekg is fine, etc. but after seeing that anything below 4.5 for potassium can trigger ectopics, I looked at my last electrolyte level and sure enough...mine's only 3.6! Still technically within normal range but below the 4.5! How did I NOT know this sooner!?!

Hi everyone my names Arran I suffer with all sorry of funny heart beats like eptopics and other scary beat I don't understand why I get those I have af after I had slot to drink my cardiologist says it won't happen again and your heart is fine had loads of ecgs and a ecocardigram but my heart seam like it's getting worse I have this fast funny beat and big extra beats and it feel like a weak beat I feel dizzy and just really funny my doc says this is just aniexty and nothing wrong with your heart but would the test I've had concern I have a heart problem or not because it's worrying me so much I was panicking when I had the eco so my heart was beating harder and fine but they don't se when my heart beat is 46 beats a min and my heart feels really weak so do anyone
    Else get all these funny beats and feeling

Hi, im new to this forum, my name is margy. I suffer with ectopic beats, i have done for years. but i have health anxiety and they tend to be worse. I have had ECG's in the past and have come back normal, i have a normal potassium level too. I get so scared though when they come, i try not to panic though. Any advice.

I would like to share another website (link below) for those who have either posted in this thread or may be browsing through. It is a similar website to the first one of someone who tells his story of having dealt with heart palpitations and what he has found to be most helpful to remedy them such as breathing exercises, changes in diet, and supplements. Some of the pages also have comments from others discussing what has assisted them in overcoming these as well.

http://www.lifeoffbeat.com/starthere/

Heart palpitations are best thought of like turbulence on a plane. You know they're 99.9% not going to kill you, but they make you feel like they are nevertheless.

I have tried all the fad diets, techniques, tips etc for 20 years trying to get rid of these. Mine are actually worse than just PVCs as I also get NSVT regularly. Cardiologists all say the same thing - they won't kill you.

But I have wasted close to 20 years of my life, time I will never get back, worrying about them.

Stop trying to control them and just live with them. That's the best advice you will ever hear. The more you try to figure out what stops them, the more obsessed with your heart you get, the more you have.
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

Has anyone had side effects from ramipril?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information