Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tight stomach

Tight stomach

Hi
    does this sound like anxiety. My stomach feels tense, i feel sick,it is almost as though i am pulling my stomach muscles in. If i walk around i feel better, but if my stomach is tense i can hardly swallow even a drink. It always worse at a certain time of day it is like my body remembers it,

Peter

Re: Tight stomach

Hi

Not entirely sure what you mean by pull your stomach muscles in, but, part of my anxiety panic attacks have the first symptom of a knotted stomach... it does make you feel very uptight...hope you get the answers you looking for.

Do you exercise or have a job that means that you exert particular muscle groups?... I'd say yes it is anxiety especially with the finding it hard to swallow as your throat does feel as if it is closing up.

Good luck are you on any medication as yet?

peter

i have exactly the same thing, i have stomach problems, i have reflux, bloated ,stomach amongst others, i know what you mean about tense stomach feeling,
    yours maybe anxiety related i find that mine gets better when i walk around too, if im standing in one spot or sitting my stomach feels hard and tense and i find it hard to breathe so i have to walk about, not sure if its anxiety myself or because of stomach problems ie bloating.

Peter

I know exactly what you mean too. Everyone is different and i only get it if my anxiety is extremely high. Mine feels like someone has punched me in the gut and can be very uncomfortable.

What works for me is lying on the couch propped up with pillows and put a hot water bottle on my stomach. I know that's not always going to be ideal but do try it if you get the chance.

Take care

Lisa
    x

Ive got some issues with my stomach and all. With me its like, once in a while I realise that my stomach mucles are really tense. Then I let it go, and I feel all bloted and it hurts a bit. I dont think about it but then realise its tight. Hard to explain really

sharanj XX

I get this now and then too.. Feels like the stomach/abdominal muscles have knotted up.. Hot water bottle helps as does walking about..

I have it now too. Just had an abdominal CT scan last Thursday and haven't yet heard back from the doctor. I'm hoping no news is good news.

I feel exactly like someone else said, like someone punched me in the gut. My stomach almost feels bruised.

i have this feeling all weekend with my panicing
    my stomach is one thing for some reason i never worry about

I get it as well , and mine is caused by the muscle spasms with IBS ..Being Anxious makes the muscles go into spasm and the bowel doesnt work so well ,It s really uncomfortable .I usually take Buscopan and after a couple of days its fine ,A,warm relaxing soak helps too ..Sue x

if don't see blood i dont panic
    if something was really wrong with your stomach you will know

i love nomorepanic, we all come here looking for help. we can help each other, but not our self.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information