Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tight stomach

Re: Tight stomach

Hi everyone,

The post seems a little old but I can totally relate to whats said.. especially the way sharanj describes it,..IT IS hard to describe but you did it just like I would have
    You realise your stomach is tight all of a sudden and when you try and relax it, it does feel good, but feels a bit better pulled in.
    When i press on my stomach it feels tender and sore, then I normally get the off balance, some one described it as ' walking on a mattress'

Has anybody got to the bottom off this. I've had it for nearly 2 years

Love to hear from you all

Quote Originally Posted by salimali View Post
    Ive got some issues with my stomach and all. With me its like, once in a while I realise that my stomach mucles are really tense. Then I let it go, and I feel all bloted and it hurts a bit. I dont think about it but then realise its tight. Hard to explain really

sharanj XX

Hi Sharanj, this is how i feel , did you find out what it was

Andy

I get this, it feels full, especially tense around the top underneath my ribs and is uncomfortable to push out.
    It can be sore to touch and can be loud and sounds like a hot water bottle when I press it, so loud and watery!

I no this post is old but I've got this now a tight knot below belly button in center well bit more down just feel like some 1 is squeezing my insides really tight and it just won't relax :(

i too suffer with tight stomach muscles its like i`m waiting for someone to punch me in the stomach,its so hard to release them,i`m on diazepam as i`m suffering with really bad anxiety at the moment as i`ve had so much stress in my life the last 6 months and i`m finding it so hard to cope and the ibs doesn`t help at all,i`m taking mebeverine for that,i was beginning to think i was the only one who suffered like this.sometimes its good to know that you can share a problem with someone although i wouldn`t wish it on anyone.

for the past 3 days I have been having the same problem, I'm currently using Pentasa for the past 2 months to deal with non specific mild ulcers in the colon and I thought my condition is improving, I hope its not a relapse. I'm also taking Mirtazapine for the past 7 weeks for depression and have been feeling great lately and supposed to be in remission as per my GP.

Got it now right in center below ribs and the feeling like am waiting for something bad to happen

Yes, I get this too. It's really uncomfortable. Stupid anxiety :(.

I have a combo of Gerd/Health Anxiety and IBS and I also get this, it is very hard to not panic when it happens. The whole stomach tightens up and it feels like you can't breathe.

I am pretty sure that it is trapped Gas related. If i massage my stomach (from the top downwards and from the outer edge inwards) i burp or pass wind. As soon as that happens i can breathe better and my stomach loosens up a bit.

What worries me is why is wind/gas suddenly getting trapped on its journey? I know anxiety effects the digestive system but i often get this in the morning after sleeping (no anxiety at all when i wake up).

Check this massage video out. It helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZpJQgWw3Lk

I'm glad I've come across this, under my ribs in the middle above my belly button feels tight alot of the time, I can have good days and bad days, if I lean forward I can feel it, but if I put slight pressure on it while leaning with my hand it goes, doctors seem to think it muscles. I do suffer with anxiety and recently been put on sertraline for it so I hope it settles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information