Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 15mg-30mg mirtazipine

Re: 15mg-30mg mirtazipine

Hi Jo. Glad went to see the doc. Don't forget I'm always here for a chat if you need to. I've read many times higher doses are less of a sedative so thats a plus. I'm sure there are lots of people that can give you advice along the way so keep posting won't you? Let us know day by day how you are feeling. Its certainly worth giving 30mg a try with the way you are feeling in the mornings...so go for it with knobs on!

Thanks Lynne, you are a kind and caring person...glad I met you.xx

Morning, Well I took 30mg first time last night....woke up bit later than usual, didn't feel I slept as well last night as kept waking but was able to go straight off again. Feel the same "down" "everything is horrible" feelings again this morning. Feel bit spaced out and heavy from the increase in dose but nowhere near as bad as I did when I first started taking it. Got a bit of a headache too so will have to take something for that soon if it doesnt go. Decided I will go with the feeling over the next couple of days rather than fight it. I have no treadmill so cant go on that again until new one comes next Tuesday. That would probably have taken these feelings away, so its a shame, but hey only a few more days. I wonder how long I am going to wake up feeling horrible though, its not nice at all!!! Jo.xx

Hi JT,
    I was on 15mg mirtazipine for about 6 weeks,,,then Dr put me up to 30mg, was on that for about 5 weeks roughly, then he put me on 45mg of mirtazipine been on that nearly a month now. It can have different effects person to person so the doc tells me. But like i say, don't worry about getting your meds upped because if it does not suit you he can always lower the dose. and yes i get off days too,,,
    Regards Wayne,

Hi Wayne, Thanks for replying. Would you mind describing how you felt when you went up in doses? Were you able to carry on working etc. I have found that when I wake my depression is there (I feel down and everything I usually like feels horrible), I then spend the morning "fighting it off" trying to distract myself and then find the afternoons and evenings are the best for me. When I first changed to the mirtazipine (I have taken ad's on and off for the past 11 years now, previously prozac in the beginning, followed by dothiepin and then citalopram which had been the most sucessful up until now), the first 2-3 weeks were awful, felt spaced out, heavy, tired and just didnt have any get up and go. I then had 4 fantastic days where I actually felt "normal", then I started to wake up feeling as I described earlier, hence the GP upping my dose to 30mg. I actually think that when I return to work (I have been off since end October) I will improve but its just the thought of it, I just hope I can cope. I am only going back 3 hrs a day and gradually building up to full-time again, I have 2 more weeks before then. Sorry I have just rambled on and on telling you my whole history, but would love to hear about your journey if you have the time. Thanks for reading. Jo.

Hello Jo,
    No,,,your not rambling on, it can be a bit scary at first when you start on these drugs and when the dose gets upped too, i know that because i felt the same. The higher doses can effect you for the first day or two, personaly the efffects i notice are they make me drousy sometimes but not sleepy, if that makes sense, a little thick-headed too. But i don't think the upped dose will have any major effect on you, it hasn'y me,,,yet!!!! lol. I am still able to work but the drousyness can cause problems so you have to be carefull!!! Some days it's worse than others, but it may well be different for you as people react differently.
    It's best to talk about these things because i know you must be nervous about your doses being raised,,,because i was. If there is anything else you want to know just feel free to ask,,,
    Regards Wayne,

Hi Wayne, Thanks so much for your message...made me feel so muc better. Yes I feel drowsy but not sleepy like you say, wierd feeling really and the thick headed makes sense. I supose I am trying to run before I can walk (typical me), just need to go with the feeling a bit more than fight it. It is only day 2 of the higher dose for me, so hopefully when I go back to work in 2 weeks time it shouldn't be so bad. Trouble with me I have already started to think about that and its 2 weeks away...I just make myself worse if you know what I mean...I need to take each day as it comes (easier said that done). Thanks for listening to me, its great when there are others that feel the same to share feelings with. Jo.

Hi Jo,
    Yes take one day at a time,,because somedays can be a little rough, sometimes it's like you feel drunk!! really! Which is not all bad,,,lol. Yes i can describe the feelings well as i'm going through them too. For what it's worth the drugs do work and will help you,,But,,,best not to go full throttle just at the minute. Yes sometimes at night i get the slurred speech and dodgy typing, but my friends on here know that when that happens,,,Wayne has just taken his meds!!! lol
    Do you take yours morning or night,,i take mine at nights about half an hour before bed,,,

Hi Wayne, I take my meds at night....God I wouldn't function at all if I took them in the morning. Usually after about an hour I am zonked. Dont like feeling drunk during the day...dont mind at night cos then I can go to sleep when I want to. Do you drink alcohol with yours?? I like my red wine. Did have one glass last Saturday but was scared how it would effect me so stopped at that. I have just drank 1 and half glasses already (just needed it today)....just hope I dont re-act too much...at least it's Sunday tommorow so wont matter too much. Regards...Jo.

Hi Jo,
    No im not meant to drink with mine, and i have been fairly good and don't touch alcohol at all, had a lapse day a few days back got drunk, had a bad head for about the next three days,lol. Every now and then though it gets to you,right,,so you need a little tonic,,,well that's my excuse anyway,,
    No believe it or not some people do take there Mirtazapine in the morning!!! But i like you take it before bed,,,much safer bet...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information