Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering taking Prozac? Type before you swallow that pill.

Considering taking Prozac? Type before you swallow that pill.

If you are thinking of taking Prozac, or any pharmaceuticals for depression for that matter....post a message in this thread before you swallow that pill! I want to know what is going on in your head, and how you are feeling.

Re: Considering taking Prozac? Type before you swallow that pill.

Depression is normal. We are all depressed at one point or another. Everyone is depressed on and off throughout their lives. EVERYONE

Sometimes it lasts years, sometimes it only lasts minutes. Forget what the doctors tell you about it being abnormal if you are feeling depressed for more than a few months. What is abnormal is to treat human beings like happy robots.

Enjoy being human. Try enjoying your depression...that is the ultimate antidepressant.

What Planet are you from , and what phd have you got , unless you have depression yourself you arent within your rights to make these comments , medication is a way of getting through these times , depression if left untreated can be a killer , i should know ive been there more than once !!!!!!

Are you a Scientologist by any chance?

Having suffered on and off for many years, I find depression is one of the most debilitating mental illnesses ever.
    It took the most basic of my thinking and feeling rights away. I saw no reason to live, let alone try and 'enjoy' the feeling, as you say

I also am well aware of the evils of medication, but I would take them for the rest of my life, if that kept the black dog away.

There are always new members on this forum, and a post providing this extreme viewpoint is in the least upsetting and confusing. I'd rather that they trusted the professional medical community more than a personal opinion such as yours

A rather controversial post if you don't mind me saying mantra

Do you suffer from depression? have you had experience with SSRI's ?

As for enjoying depression, what a wild statement.

Feel free to think before you come back to me

Where would humanity be without medical intervention and drugs? What about transplant patients taking anti-rejection drugs or diabetics without insulin? The list is endless. I for one am eternally grateful to whoever discovered antidepressents. Its thanks to them that I can now lead a near normal life.

Mantra, having looked through your previous posts, I see you've also been so low where you can see no other way than medication.

To make such sweeping statements about medication and depression is both irrisponsible and frightening to people who are trying to reduce and those just starting this drug.

Ok, so medication isnt for everyone but what about clinical depression? No anount of therapy is going to cure that, no matter how hard you try, just medication.

Oh, and by the way - can you tell me what enjoyment I was meant to get from lying in bed crying for 2 months? I'm fascinated to hear your opinion on that one!

I asked if you were a Scientologist because I know that they do not believe in any form of drugs used for anxiety or depression. Some of them have obviously never been there to that black hole of despair and desolation.

Sounds like you opened your mouth and put your size 9's straight in it! Did you not consider before posting this how you would affect those people who are suffering? If you have ever been to that place that so many of us on here have, you would most definitely not have been so thoughtless in what you had to say. Here's hoping you don't ever have to go to those dark places that some of us had to.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information