Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering taking Prozac? Type before you swallow that pill.

Re: Considering taking Prozac? Type before you swallow that pill.

Thank you for the responses.
    I am from the planet Earth. I have been diagnosed with "clinical depression" amongst other "illnesses".
    Crying in bed for two months is tough...Yes, I have been through such phases.
    I used to be on meds. They worked on me for a while. I used to like them. I was too scared to face my strong feelings. Shit happens in life. I was too scared to face the shit, and to face the mess the shit created in me.
    All drugs are the same. They work for a while, then they stop. Then what to do? Take something else? Up the dose? Combinations? Excercise? Change in diet? Therapy? I have tried these options as well. They may be worth trying but all are empty avenues without meditation.
    Taking meds numbs you. It masks the actual problems you have. Now I am off of them, I am cleaning up the mess. All the supressed feelings of the past have to be dealt with. The longer you leave them, the deeper they will affect you. Isnt that common sense?
    Depression is different to diabetes or organ transplants for the ultra obvious reasons which I will no get into here. (Common sense right?)
    Prozac is way way way more complicated. It will complicate things further.
    I am not trying to frighten anyone here. I am not judging anyone either.
    It is a blessing to have emotions, to have feelings rather than be numb. Yes, I have cried and cried not being able to leave the house for months. It is okay to do that. There is nothing wrong with crying. It is cleansing. It balances you hormonally. You probably needed it. The important part is NOT TO IDENTIFY YOURSELF WITH YOUR SADNESS.
    No, I am not a Scientologist...
    I am encouraging people to question authority, and be responsible for your own well being. It is the ONLY way. There is help if you ask for it. But it is up to you to distinguish if it is the right kind of help or not. Remember, as a grown adult, you, and only you are responsible for your own health. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    I personally made the choice to say yes to sadness and happiness no matter how severe either one is. The human being is neither. We have it in us to transcend all these things naturally. That is MEDITATION. The experiencing of the "witness consciousness" is the only real help with no negative side effect.
    BE BRAVE
    Good luck to you all.
    Peace

Just like to say, I HATE medication, I HATE being on them, I HATE needing them...what I DON'T hate is the chance they have given me to get back to 'normal' (and I use the word 'normal' loosely folks!). I feel like I am recovering (and you should read my earlier posts when I was cussing mirtazapine to high heaven). The medication has kick-started me back into action. Because they have lifted my mood, I now have the willpower to get out of bed and go swimming, go the the supermarket and buy ingredients for nice healthy recipes. I'm not there yet, I've another week to go before I finish completely but I believe they had a part to play. We are all different and the advice we give on this forum is our own personal opinion and it is up to the individual to weigh up everybody's experiences and decided a course of action for themselves. Your sweeping statement, your generalisation has no positive role to play on this forum...where on earth are you coming from Mantra?Tell me. Ill give you a fair platform. Please, elaborate!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco45er View Post
    A rather controversial post if you don't mind me saying mantra

Do you suffer from depression? have you had experience with SSRI's ?

As for enjoying depression, what a wild statement.

Feel free to think before you come back to me
    Thank you for your response Jaco
    Yes, enjoying depression!
    Sounds wild but actually it is quite logical.
    I do counseling and healing work. Yes seems a tad bit radical, but I have had success with it. People tend to get caught up in how they are "meant" to feel. Feeling sorry for one another makes things worst. The more you feed a certain energy frequency such as an emotion, the more you are encouraging it to exist stongly in your system. By "enjoying" the depression, you are depriving the depression of the fuel with which it survives in your system. It is like shining a flashlight on a shadow...or something.
    I know it sounds ridiculous. But it works. Sincerely enjoying the depression immeditately kills it. Right from the root. KAPOW stylee!
    Does this make sense to you? If not please get back to me, and I will try to explain better.
    Peace x

Hello Mantra,

Sorry if I appeared rude in my previous posts asking you if you were a Scientologist, it's just that I know that they do not believe in meds. I was helped greatly by meds many years ago and if I ever felt like that again then I would not hesitate in taking them. We all need a crutch. However, I am really happy for you to have found your answer to your depression and hope you continue to be enlightened by this. You seem to have tried everything previously and have found the right method towards recovery for you. Good wishes to you.
    Myra

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Just like to say, I HATE medication, I HATE being on them, I HATE needing them...what I DON'T hate is the chance they have given me to get back to 'normal' (and I use the word 'normal' loosely folks!). I feel like I am recovering (and you should read my earlier posts when I was cussing mirtazapine to high heaven). The medication has kick-started me back into action. Because they have lifted my mood, I now have the willpower to get out of bed and go swimming, go the the supermarket and buy ingredients for nice healthy recipes. I'm not there yet, I've another week to go before I finish completely but I believe they had a part to play. We are all different and the advice we give on this forum is our own personal opinion and it is up to the individual to weigh up everybody's experiences and decided a course of action for themselves. Your sweeping statement, your generalisation has no positive role to play on this forum...where on earth are you coming from Mantra?Tell me. Ill give you a fair platform. Please, elaborate!
    Hello Smudger.
    Which statement are you taking about? Will elaborate if you can identify it for me.
    Does it matter where on Earth I come from? We are all human right? We are all citizens of the planet Earth

You've failed to sway me from what I've posted previously - sorry

Mantra, we may have been typing at the same time so Ive just read your post. I agree with some of what you say but not everybody is the same! You can't generalise about depression! I agree, tablets aren't always the answer and long term I don't believe they are for me but they had their part to play. Unfortunately there are doctors out there who are prepared to dish out pills will nilly yes but equally there are some doctors out there who know what they are talking about. Thats why this sight exists, to get the depressed persons perspective on things. We are living it, doctors aren't. I am sure your post is well mean't and I am sure somebody will investgAte your advice further, heartedly hope they find their answer in your experience. I think we need to keep open minded about everything though don't you?

Thank you very much for your good wishes Myra
    No offence taken about Scientology. I dont know much about them...
    Yes medication can be a crutch...but..
    I cant help but feel I didnt have to use them then though. My body would be operating smoother if I hadnt taken Prozac or anything else and went straight for the meditation.
    Pain is a great teacher. When we are in pain, the body is trying to tell us something. Surely masking the pain is not the answer.
    The only good thing I feel I got out of taking meds for over 7 years is to understand what people are going through...and to encourage something healthier.
    Thank you again Myra, and all the best, all the way xx

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Mantra, we may have been typing at the same time so Ive just read your post. I agree with some of what you say but not everybody is the same! You can't generalise about depression! I agree, tablets aren't always the answer and long term I don't believe they are for me but they had their part to play. Unfortunately there are doctors out there who are prepared to dish out pills will nilly yes but equally there are some doctors out there who know what they are talking about. Thats why this sight exists, to get the depressed persons perspective on things. We are living it, doctors aren't. I am sure your post is well mean't and I am sure somebody will investgAte your advice further, heartedly hope they find their answer in your experience. I think we need to keep open minded about everything though don't you?
    Totally agree that not everybody is the same Smudger. We all have different experiences. But we are surprisingly similar as well. I agree we need to keep an open mind. WIDE OPEN.
    Many doctors are depressed. Many even have co-dependency type of stuff with their patients. Many docs are on meds themselves. Many docs are aware of meditation and their benefits.
    There are many different ways of dealing with depression...I just wanted to express my opinion that meditation is the safest, most natural, and most powerful method out there.

Mantra when I said "where on earth are you coming" from I didn't mean that sarcastically or literally. Thats the trouble with typing, you can completely misread the meaning behind something. Thats just a saying instead of saying "I don't understand what you are saying here!" I am interested to know what you mean by "Sincerely enjoying the depression immeditately kills it". How do you actually do that then? I am fascinated I must admit.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information