Thread: Sunday nite again I feel sick, anxious AGAIN

Sunday nite again I feel sick, anxious AGAIN

Hello everyone

Well sunday nite again and im anxious feel sick IBS is playing up all because of my fear of work tommorw ( or all week) I was supposed to see a counsellor on Tue but she has cancelled and i really need to speak to someone abut this horrid fear . Ive decided to pack in my job get try to get this social fear under control , ( i just can't concentrate on work or even getting to work while this fear is here, and my IBS plays up only when im at work surrounded by people i fear, im screaming inside PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME please try to understand wot i think inside take the pain of my anxiety away I feel alone isolated but i must concentrate on this horrid illness and making me strong and happy so i can work in the future H x

Re: Sunday nite again I feel sick, anxious AGAIN

Hi Hely

Can't you just take some sick time off work to get yourself better - that's what I had to do as I couldn't do anything and I think by reading your post I felt just like you did.

have you tried talking to your gp? Are you on any type of medication?

You said the magic words that you want to be happy and get better - but you need to ask for help - sometimes we just can't do it alone. I first went to the doctor and refused medication - but after a few months of trying to cope I realised I just needed more help.

That's pretty rubbish that your counselor cancelled - you could try calling some of the helpline numbers to talk to someone until you can get an appt. I think there are some helpline numbers in the info sections on here - or google for anxiety/panic helplines.

Take care and remember that things will get better.

Hiya AJS

Ive taken time off work ( recently around 3 weeks ago ) but i had a breavement too ive talked to my gp ( he got me an appointment with the counsellor ) and im on 60mg of citrotalapram and 120mg of propanolol. i feel if i take more time off i will just leave after its ran its course of sick absence . i cannott live like this anymore and need to overcome all my fears im soo confused worried and anxious

Make an appointment to see your Doc.and explain to him, and have time off work.Are you on medication? sometimes we need a bit of help to get us on the road to recovery all of us on this site are going through or have gone through the same thing.
    WE all understand how terrible anxiety is and it's associated symptoms.You need time to gather yourself.
    Have you read 'Self Help for yor Nerves' byClaire Weekes it's very good and explains alot about the symptoms of anxiety
    I hope you feel better
    Have time off work and go and see your Doc.

i take citaopram too - not been on it long -a round 12 weeks - 20mg and i take 40mg propananol as and when required ( which is most days!!) I feel a huge amount better now - still not 100% but the anxiety comes and goes.

I'm not sure what advice to give you apart from don't quit your job just yet - if you've really decided to quit - at least get your full term sick pay before you go!!!! (that's really bad of me saying that!!!!)

I was off all december and some of January as I couldn't function normally - but my employer was really understanding and let me do a phased return to get used to being back at work.

Maybe you should talk to your gp about a change of medication.

It would be really good for you to talk to someone - i have been seeing a counsellor since october for anxiety/PA and it has really helped. Have you tried other things like the claire weekes book, relaxation cd's.

I am gradually working my way through eveything i think might possible help!!!

I really think if you called a helpline it would do you some good.
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29565

Take Care

Hi

Please don't give up your job. As others have said take off some sick time and expalin to your employer the reason why. Anxiety, stress, panic attack, depression or what whatever it may be are all recoginised illnesses and as long as you provide all the correct sickness and doctors lines then your employer is duty bound to honour this

If you feel that the situation is made worse by your job or is even the root cause then let your employer know.

thanks for all your replys appreciate them soo much

i work for the NHS and they know of my "problems" even had counselling from an nhs work counsellor..... just feel like ive got to show that i can cope more than other people cause of this and to take time off will just show me as weak and give amunition to the gossips etc.... will they count my " illness" as bad time keeping if i take even more sick leave ? h x

Your employer - especially nhs - should recognize your illness as something you will need time of to get better for.

If you have a doctors line - then there is nothing you employer can do.

Never mind the gossips in work - it could very easily happen to them one day (i'm sure they have probably phoned in sick for no reason in the past) you have a genuine reason for being off. Just ignore them - if they have nothing better to talk about then pity them!!!!

Thread Information