Thread: Eye twitch but different!

Eye twitch but different!

Hi, I'v had twitching eye before and often lasts a few days or week before it wears off but I'v had this now for almost a month and its slower than i'v ever experienced before. Its almost as if my eye is closing on its own n then opening again. Its very strange!!

Anyone else out there who as had the same??

I am experiencing a bad episode of tiredness at the minute so I know its probably linked but like i say its not like a usual twitch (fast and fluttering) x

Re: Eye twitch but different!

Twitching doesn't have to be fast. I get this strange slow twitching at the side of my hand and the doctor was no more concerned about that than the faster ones. I had an EMG and NCV and everything was normal. I just have benign twitching and have now had it for 18 months quite consistently.

Stress and tiredness definitely make it worse, but try to stay away from caffeine as this can also exacerbate the situation.

Take care and try not to worry!!!

Twitching eyes are normally associated with tired eyes hun. Maybe start to try and get yourself into a bedtime routine. See if that helps hun xx

Pinkpiglet

Hello, i also have a slow eye twitch. It's my left eye and the lower lid. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and i am starting to really worry about it. In between the twich my eye also feels strange, like my lower eyelid is pulled down and i can feel cold air!!!
    I am an anxious person and have had anxiety on and off for 5 years, so i'm hoping it's another symptom of anxiety.
    How is your eye now?

It's been so long since i posted a reply on here and i have just noticed my profile pic - how appropriate!

My lower left eye lid twitches a lot. My right eye lids twitch on occasion too. It goes away when I'm not so stressed and get a lot of rest. It gets worse when I'm buzzing around and don't get enough sleep. It's very common.

Okay, several questions need to be answered in order to provide you with the best possible information.

Are you aware of a known reason for the unusual fatigue? In other words, are you sleeping very poorly or has your occupation or some other instance restricted your ability to rest?

With regard to the affected eyelid, do you sense a tugging sensation by the muscle as the eyelid closes and opens, or does the eyelid simply appear to close involuntarily and then re-open without a twitching or pulling sensation?

Have you experienced any double vision and do both eyes track normally?

From a seated position, pick a point on the wall and then while keeping your head level, stare sharply downward as far as possible as though you are trying to look at your feet without tilting your head downward. Hold your gaze in this position for 15 full seconds. Then quickly raise your eyes to the fixed point on the wall and stare at it. Please tell me if the affected eyelid, or either eyelid, begins twitiching.

Once we discuss your answers, I can better inform you.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.) RLR

Hi Rutherford, I tried this little experiment and found that although I didnt get a twitching I did experience a small degree of 'flashing' and 'black moving bits' to the left side of my left eye but it didnt take over the whole of the vision in this eye. It is in my left I that I have experienced the twitching (although this as pretty much settled down now).

I dont get a perfect amount of sleep and I work evenings so It takes me ages to wind down when I get home. Its usually past 1am before I drop off and then my son usually gets up around 7.30. I do tire easily and think that I function best on around 8 hours sleep. I had glandular fever in my teens and often get told that this can have long lasting affects. I am now 34 and its been 15 years but i still feel tired, is this normal??
    I am such a worrier!

I get this too. One thing that really gets rid of it is Magnesuim. Are you taking any?? Magnesium levels are the first thing to deplete under mental stress etc. You will need a supplement with a variety of different types of magnesium though, so ask for help at the health shop

Thread Information