Thread: Has anyone ever had Hypnosis?

Has anyone ever had Hypnosis?

Hey everyone!

My friend works at the hospital and a collegue does private hypnosis in his own time. I was wondering if anyone had tried it and has it helped?

To be honest im anxious about being hypnotised in case i come back round differently.. hmm.. actually im not sure what i am anxious about but id be anxious!

Claire x

Re: Has anyone ever had Hypnosis?

Hi, yes I've had it, and I found it gave me a massive boost of confidence. Ever since I had hypnosis I have become quite a flirt and I have become very open to trying new things. The difference in me is quite noticeable when it comes to those things.

I would definitely recommend giving it a go.

Hypnotherapy is all about relaxation followed by positive suggestion. If you get the right hypnotherapist, it can be a wonderful experience. The hypnotherapist I used was a lovely woman. She used to conduct the sessions in a shed in her back garden; sounds cheap, but it was a fully decked out thing and her garden was amazing, I feel better every time I think of it.

She had a couple of big lazy cats. I still remember when I leaned forward to stroke one; it looked at me with its big yellow eyes with complete amazement on its face. Have you ever seen a cat looking amazed? It's quite a sight. Apparently it wasn't used to people fussing over it. It seemed to rather enjoy the attention.

By the way, hypnotherapy and hypnosis are totally different; you will find hypnotherapy helpful and relaxing. There are many types of hypnosis. Your unconscious mind should automatically reject negative input so your personality, in theory, cannot change for the worse.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thanks for that! I suppose being a worrier i dont like the thought of someone else being in control of my actions. I am terrified of flying and that is when my panic attacks our at there worst. but i am a fighter and i flew 3 times last year and im booking another holiday soon. I never dont do anything i just worry about it and then panic.
    I have had a good six months and in the past two months become very down and unhappy and panicky. i feel like if i dont do something soon i may go out of my mind.

:(

Hi, I've tried hypnotherapy when I was totally at my lowest, had been off work for 5 weeks with depression and was desperate as increased medication nor anything else was helping. I found a female registered hypnotherapist/life coach and checked out her website first as I had never tried it before either so was unsure what to expect. I would recommend it to anyone as it really worked for me. Don't know how others work but on your first appointment she chatted and got to know about your problems then she had you relax in a comfy arm chair, close your eyes and just listen to her voice. All the time you are totally conscious of everything going on around you, you could hear traffic going by and people walking in the corridor. At the same time you can feel your body relaxing and becoming weight less as she talked and all the stress easing. She then went on to talk about your specific problems before returning you to full consciousness. After 3 sessions with her I was back at work, I also I bought her cd which when I feel stressed I find to be a great help as it works as good as been in the room with her.

Like you Clare I've always wondered about it but always thought my money would be better spent on cbt. With eveythong being so expensive it hards to decide not only whether to do it but who to go with as the internet is full of therapists, counsellors etc etc. So pleased your managing the flying-it's been 3 1/2 years since I've flown-I'm desperate to get away but it's too much for me-terror takes over at the thought of even booking a holiday let alone going on one. Hope I do manage it again one day soon. Keep it up- I'm very envious of you.

Thread Information