Thread: Starting Week 4 on Escitalopram

Starting Week 4 on Escitalopram

Hi,
    I am just starting week 4 on Escitalopram 10mg, Was prescribed them for Bad Anxiety and constant Panic Attacks (Inc Agrophobia).

After two weeks the Panic Attacks subsided dramatically and the only side effect I have noticed was increased sweating.

The Anxiety levels also lifted slightly and I am having prob one good day out of Five.

The past week however has been bad, I have had several bowel problems (which I am getting worried and panicy about), I have been feeling sleepy and have been getting light headed and having alot of hot flushes with increased anxiety.

Not sure if this is usual or a side effect of the medication, Shouldnt these meds be working by now

Steve

Re: Starting Week 4 on Escitalopram

Forgot to mention, have also had a lack of appetite and have lost a bit of weight.

Hope this will work for you Steve, i have cipralex at home prescribed for bad anxiety, but i done dare to take them.

/ Daniel

Hi there. I am taking 20mg of escitalopram for anxiety, panic attacks, depression (they are all in the same family!) and I find that it works! I have taken these in the past as well, as I seem to be one of the lucky ones that is pulled towards anxiety every once in a while and am probably better off taking these long term. I have taken citalopram as well, and this worked too. I think escitalopram is just the 'new' version of citalopram and Dr's are encouraged to prescribe citalopram over escitalopram because it is cheaper! I think the efficacy is the same though. So, in my experience, my recovery has always been a bit of a roller coaster for the first few months. And I am definitely speaking from experience! Also, every time I go through a bad patch and start taking the meds again, I go through the same thought that 'it's not going to work this time' and EVERY TIME it works. So stick with it - the side effects became much less noticeable (if noticeable at all) and eventually every day will be a good day, with the anxiety and panic only a bad memory. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly10 View Post
    Hi there. I am taking 20mg of escitalopram for anxiety, panic attacks, depression (they are all in the same family!) and I find that it works! I have taken these in the past as well, as I seem to be one of the lucky ones that is pulled towards anxiety every once in a while and am probably better off taking these long term. I have taken citalopram as well, and this worked too. I think escitalopram is just the 'new' version of citalopram and Dr's are encouraged to prescribe citalopram over escitalopram because it is cheaper! I think the efficacy is the same though. So, in my experience, my recovery has always been a bit of a roller coaster for the first few months. And I am definitely speaking from experience! Also, every time I go through a bad patch and start taking the meds again, I go through the same thought that 'it's not going to work this time' and EVERY TIME it works. So stick with it - the side effects became much less noticeable (if noticeable at all) and eventually every day will be a good day, with the anxiety and panic only a bad memory. All the best.
    hello
    jill ithink this advise u gave was very positive ive been looking 4 sumdvice, i sufferfromanxiety/panicdisorder and for 2 weeks been on5mg escitalipram/cipralex wellive had awfull time with them so doctors have give me10mg but im scared to up them as i dnt want seriousside effects going from5mgto 10mgdo u think ill be ok???????hopefully i hear from umanythanks lisa x

Dazo why are you scared to take em'?

Same boat as me AA we'll be ok! I've just gotta wean off mirtazapine first then back on Cip 5mg then to 10mg then prob to 20mg I was that bloody anxious about going to see shrink today (who prescribed cip) had to get a cab with girlfriend and then the dreaded walk to chemists to get em' bloody awful innit pal we will just have to ride the storm and stick with it don't know if you know AA but this time around got the bloody disability to cope with feel paranoid as well but we will get thru with the cip otherwise they would'nt prescribe it!

Thread Information