Thread: Mega panic attack now and have to be with people

Mega panic attack now and have to be with people

i'm extremely social phobic and my fiances parents and brother are downstairs, i'm having a huge panic attack and i'm literally sick with panic.
    I'm in our bedroom but my fiance, Daniel, has just come to tell me i HAVE to go downstairs to sit with them, i'm under serious pressure to do so. I've already had to leave the room once as i was amlost sick in front of them but now i have to go back and i just can't. i feel absolutely awful. Daniel was giving me 5 minutes to get dowstairs and be with them or he'd come back and get me, or send him mum, neither will be taking no for an answer.
    I have to go and discuss out wedding plans, which obviously no wedding can take place anytime soon and i feel stupid discussing it with them while im sat there shaking and trying not to be sick.
    i dont know what to do to calm down, he knows how panicy and how ill i am but he's getting mad at me, and says we have to go to there house (an hour away) to talk to them about wedding if i wont go and do it now, last time i went to there house his mum had to drag me out of the car while i was crying and shaking.

i need to calm down and any "quick" solutions or techniques to try.

I'm fully aware there are no quick fies as ive been this way for 9 years now but i'm really desperate. Thank you

Re: Mega panic attack now and have to be with people

Hi there

If i was you i would just be completely honest with them and tell them how you feel. Tell them you apologise if you have to leave the room several times and that you are not being rude, it's just adjusting to the situation.

I'm sure they will understand hun and please don't let anyone preasurise you into staying longer that you are comfortable with.

Thinking of you
    Lisa
    xxx

Thank you Lisa.
    They do know how i feel, they know about my panic and why i leave the room all the time, i just feel so ebarrassed and all this weding talk is so much extra pressure.
    I feel so awful too for upsetting my fiance, and i know how much he wants to discuss our wedding plans wth them, he's been waiting months for this but i just feel so so sick and cant stop crying.
    ive been looking for breathing techniques and how to stop panic attacks and googe but it just directs me to websites where you have to pay a company to tell you a solution.

how are his family with you?
    are they nice and reassuring? or not so nice?
    yeah honesty seems the best way to go :-)

Thread Information