Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 4 15-30mg mirtazipine

Day 4 15-30mg mirtazipine

Today I woke around 8.15 am and felt very sedated/ heavy. Decided to get up anyhow as I'm sure giving in to it and staying in bed would just make me feel worse.

Had a shower and my green tea. Starting to come round a little now. Pulse was quite fast again so took 10mg propananol and have decided I will do this each morning now to help slow the pulse down a little.

Was going to go shopping when felt bit more alert but got the flowers for tommorows funeral coming sometime today so need to wait in for those.

Am feeling anxious about tommorow. It will be the first time I have been to a social (dont know what else to call it) event since becoming ill, so will be a huge test for me in more ways than one!! I need to be there for my daughter though so mustn't let her down. At least it is in the afternoon so I am usually at my best by then.

As far as the increase in meds is concerned, I dont feel so "down" "everything feels horrible" feelings quite as much but I know its early days so hopefully they should disappear soon, if I do have them it is just first thing in the morning.

My new treadmill comes tommorow so from Wednesday I can start using that again...I am sure that will help me.

Thanks for reading.
    Jo

Re: Day 4 15-30mg mirtazipine

Hi Jo. Ill be thinking of you tomorrow. Just imagine all your NMP friends surrounding you for support.

Hi Lynne, After all that there is no room in the car for me as another one of my daughters friends is going. I had a chat with the other mum as i have felt absolutely awful this afternoon and I think it was the thought of going tommorow. When hubby came home he said he thought it best if I didn't go....I was still going to but then when I found out that I was going to have to drive as well I just got even more stressed out. I didnt really know the girls mum that well either. My daughter said she wanted to be amongst her friends anyhow and said she really was not bothered if I went....so I have decided not to. It is silly putting myself into a situation when I really dont need to. But thanks for your kind words...funny how things work out in the end....Jo

Hi, New treadmill just arrived horray!!!!! Still will have to wait to go on it tommorow as hubby needs to fix it up when he gets in, too heavy for me to attempt.

Dont feel too good this morning, had a really upset stomach yesterday and this morning feel really sick, just as well that I am not going to the funeral as I couldn't of coped feeling like this, I hope is passes as I am meeting a friend for lunch tommorow and have really looked forward to catching up with her.
    Day 5 Slept really well, still feeling sleepy when I wake up and heavy etc, this usually passes after a couple of hours. I supose it is still early days at day 5, but I feel a bit down about it today. I just want to wake up like I used to full of energy and raring to go but it's just not happening at the moment, I wonder if I will ever feel like that again??? Then I should be thankful I am alive and kicking!!!

I find that during the day things can be hard to do and I get so ratty with it all, everything is such an effort. The evenings are the best for me. I have started to regularly take 10mg propananol when I get up with my green tea, to help with the racing pulse, I hope in time this will settle down.

I think because I have always been a "morning" person, (used to get up around 6am) the change is really hard and I hope that when the medication really gets into my system I will feel like that again and be able to get up early etc again.

Am ranting on a bit....sorry....thanks anyone who reads this. JO.

Hi Jo, you go ahead n rant...its your thread!lol!. Sorry u r feeling sicky. Do you think its a bug?

It is strange how fate plays a hand sometimes, maybe you weren't meant to go to the funeral! Its good that your daughter has her friends with her anyway. I bet it will be really full. Always is with young people. So sad...

Its hard to give you any advice at the moment coz I think you just need time to adjust to your new dose. I am like you, I want everything NOW! Normal routine (treadmill) will resume tomorrow so that will help won't it? I know you feel heavy in the mornings but how does your mood compare to before your changed your dose?

Hi Lynne, Firstly thanks again for replying, it has been so quiet on here lately, makes you feel a bit lost.

I actually felt alot better this morning by about 10.30 thankfully. I waited until my daughter got picked up for the funeral and then popped out.

I think you are right I do need time to adjust to the new dose, I do feel much better mood wise with it than I did with the lower dose, its just the side effects which get to me, I just need to get on with it.

Its like I went round to see my neices new place and whilst I was round there I just felt a bit odd...like spaced out I surpose and also a bit like the feeling you have when you have low blood sugar (can you relate to that). Even though these meds are surposed to increase appetite I dont think they have done so with me an awful lot, in fact I seem to eat less during the day then I did before. I was thinking about something like lucosade but then dont want to put on weight.

I just really hope that by the time I go back to work (eek a week on Monday now) these feelings have gone.

I am meeting a friend for lunch tommorow that will be a bit of a test, even though I am really looking forward to it and also this Saturday night me and hubby are out for a meal with friends too. I need to do these things though to try and get some normality back into my life again!!!

Yes treadmill tommorow but am going to ensure I dont over-do it on there, as I think I was pushing myself just a bit too much before. Less is more eh?? Jo.xx

Jo?
    Can i ask, did you start on Mirtazapine,,,or did you swap from one drug to another?? I started on Citalopram but was then move on to Mirtazapine,,

Hi Wayne

I too was on citalopram (had taken it previously on and off for the past 9 years), this last time went up to 40mg but it wasn't as effective for me as it had been in the past so my gp changed me to mirtazipine. I have also taken fluoxetine and doithepin when I first was ever diagnosed with depression/anxiety all those years ago. Jo.

Yes I can relate to this blood sugar thing Jo. I felt hypo too. Also as if I was in a bubble or under water! Such a weird feeling isn't it? Most people I have spoken to have put on weight, this is one area you have been lucky! I've gained 10 pounds since xmas! I know what you mean about just doing ordinary things like meeting friends can be difficult. One thing I would advise is not to drink alot of alcohol til you get used to higher dose just in case.

Let me know how u feel after you go on the treadmill won't you and have a fab night out.xx

Yes i have heard about the weight gain with mirtazapine, some bad story's, i will have to work out more often.
    How is it going Jo with the meds being upped?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information