Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Day 4 15-30mg mirtazipine

Re: Day 4 15-30mg mirtazipine

Day 23 15-30mg mirtazipine

Well managed my first full week at work with ease. Surpose I really could go back to full-time but decided it best to stick to the plan of slow increase each week...best not to try and run before I can walk!!

Waking up pretty early each day, feeling a bit heavy on waking and still having to shake a bit of morning anxiety off but then I always had morning anxiety before so that is nothing new, had wondered if the mirtazipine would cure that but so far it hasnt, if fact due to the heaviness it probably wouldn't do that.

Still haven't been weighed...I really should but just dont want to burst that bubble just yet, I do my daily treadmill and try to eat carefully....cross that bridge later.

Anyhow hope everyone else is doing o.k? Looking forward to Lynne coming back...being wierd on here without her!!!

JO.

Hi Laura,

Just wondered how you are doing hun? How did it go at the GP's today? Not heard from you in a while...hope you are o.k.

Jo.xx

Hi Jo,

Yes I went to see the Dr today. Explained to her that I have seen a very slight improvement in my mood but I still feel really fragile and cry alot. She said that its only been two weeks. She has referred me to a counsellor which I am very happy about because I believe talk therapy helps me very much. She has asked me to go back in two weeks time to see how I am feeling.If I have plateaued and have stopped feeling an improvement she says it is likely she will increase my dose, which is what you have said so I had expected that.
    My mood is very slightly better but it keeps dipping and such so I am waiting for this two weeks.
    Hope work went well today!
    Laura xx

Hi Laura,

Glad your Gp visit went well and that she has referred you, that is good news. I was like you and kept dipping that is why I was increased, so that is good too, I surpose as it is only 2 weeks she wants to give it a bit longer for the mirtazipine to see if your mood improves.....how do you feel when you wake up in the mornings now?

Finished work now until Tuesday which is good, it has been fine this week but am looking forward to a few days off!!!

Hope you had a good day today? Lynne should be back on here (smudger) over the next couple of days she has been on holiday...have really missed chatting to her on here, been wierd.

Take care
    JO.xx

Hi Jo,

Have you noticed an increased in appetite with the 30mg dose. I've been on this dose for nearly a month, and I seem to be constantly hungry, and am starting to have trouble buttoning my jeans.

u11na6

Yes thanks Jo, I feel better that I seem to have a dr who understand and I am glad that I have been referred. I think I will probably need to go up because I really don't feel that my mood is improving right now.I see glimpses of the future but they seem like pin pricks and thats it. I don't feel too bad in the mornings now in terms of the meds but my mood is the pits.

Oh glad you have finished now.....at least you can have a nice long weekend at home! You deserve it!

Oh yes I have spoken in brief with her before on posts and she seemed really nice! Glad she's coming back for you, its not nice to miss a friend especially when your used to them being about! Hope you keep improving....gives me a little hope!

I know you didn't ask me u11na6 but im only on 15mg but im eating more which is awful because im already overweight.I am going to try from now just to eat at meal times and try do some exercise.

Laura xxx

@Laura, thanks for letting me know. The weight gain is making matters harder. Mirtazpine has been the only drug that has actually worked for me, but I already have self esteem issues and even though my mood seems to be improving, every time I try to squeeze into my jeans, I feel worse, and I have no idea what to do. I'm usually a fairly active person, but am currently in the process of trying to get my thesis written up which means I spend most of my time at my desk.

Quote Originally Posted by u11na6 View Post
    Hi Jo,

Have you noticed an increased in appetite with the 30mg dose. I've been on this dose for nearly a month, and I seem to be constantly hungry, and am starting to have trouble buttoning my jeans.

u11na6
    Hi u11na6,

I didnt notice an increase in appetite when I went up to 30mg, I just felt it when I first started on mirtazipine, but it has settled now. Having said that I do think it makes you gain weight anyhow. I am already over-weight but mirtazipine has made such a difference in my life, it has helped get me back to work and live a normal life and it has helped me have such a better nights sleep then I have had in years....I used to always wake around 3-4am and be awake for around an hour I dont now I sleep right through and I dont often wake feeling heavy anymore only very occasionally. Alot of clothes are tight on me too, and I go on the treadmill for an hour everyday...not fair is it?? I would much rather feel as I do and be over-weight then feel like I did before mirtazipine...awful dilemma. People on here have put weight on with other meds so i dont think it is just mirtazipine.

Hope that helps.

Sorry for late reply.

JO.xx

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information