Thread: Prozac

Prozac

Just seeking some general advice about Prozac which my GP has prescribed for me today but I am in a dilemma about whether to start taking it or whether or try and keep plodding on without it. I was on Dothiepin until October when I was taken off it after some medical news about it causing heart problems. A few years ago I took Seroxat but the GP has recommended Prozac. As always I'm scared about the side effects. I currently take Propanalol and very occasionally Lorazepam. Have recently had a blip in the panic attacks returning after quite a long time of having no problems at all. I've rejoined the gym today and am finding yoga lessons to join as I want to do as much as I can to help myself. However I'm now debating whether to start these tablets or not? Historically I tend to fall into a bout of depression after a series of panic attacks and I have been trying to avoid this happening. However I dont want to make myself worse in the short term after reading some scare stories about Prozac ...any advice?

Hi there

I was like you and went from Dothiepin to Prozac and whilst the Proac didn't cure the panic attacks it really helped with the depression.

I didn't have any side effects that I can remember whilst on it and stopped it suddenly with no real adverse effects.

Try these other posts as well. Good luck.

Prozac/fluoxetine
    Prozac / Fluoxetine questions

Prozac

Fluoxetine 20mg

Prescribed wrong meds?/ Prozac

fluoxetine/prozac

Nicola

Wow, I can totally relate to the depression following a series of panic! I have taken prozac in the past and I had no side effects that I recall at all. If memory serves me right I did well on it. I recently started taking lustral and I labored over it alot as well. I guess thats normal with all of us with anxiety. Hope this helps.

Thanks ever so much for your postings - it really helps. I am still labouring a bit about taking the meds. I started back at work today and after a bad start with panic settled down at work and felt really pleased that I had done the first day back which is always the worst. I have a very stressful day on Thursday so I'm now thinking that I'll see how I go and maybe start the meds on Friday depending on how things go. Thanks for all your advice.

Thread Information