Thread: alcohol

alcohol

Hiya,ive been on antidepressents since dec, things are getting alot better for me,ive took steps to change my life and now im dating someone,just wondered if any of u r still drinking while on the medication?My gp has said to just have the one because if i have any more it can lower my mood,but im wondering now im feeling happier it might not affect my mood and could drink more.

Re: alcohol

Hi Pink

If it's an SSRI type med, I think I am right in saying that alcohol feels like it has more of an affect and you can get drowsy quick with drinking.

I wouldn't have thought one or two drinks would be an issue, but I wouldn't go mad (personally) as you could undo all the good over the past couple of months.

TC

Jaco

Hi Pink,

I totally agree with what Jaco has posted. I take medications but go to my friends on a Friday evening, we have a few glasses of wine and a natter. I look forward to this and I am sure it has a positive impact, although as Jaco said I wouldn't go over the top as alcohol can certainly make things worse.

Congratulations at moving forward with your life xxx

Thanks for your advice,will prehaps have a couple of lagers and see how i go!x

well i had 2 drinks lastnight and was fine!felt it go to my head a bit quickly but was fine!i may increase it a bit now!

Yeah,,,,my doctor told me the same and i'm on 45mg of mirtazapine, and diazepam now, and on zopiclone. Anyway i dont often drink but the other afternoon i got smashed out my head,,,and sorry i liked it, and it put me in a good mood for about 2 or 3 days. Ok, after the 3 days i felt like crap again! But! i might have felt like that anyway! I suppose really it's best to take doctors advice, but i can only say my own expiereance was not to bad!

Thread Information