Thread: itching inside your skin that cant itch

itching inside your skin that cant itch

hi

I get an itching sometimes in my arms that starts at the top of my arm and runs through to my hand but i cant scratch it its like an inside itch. Have posted before about this, worried its ms, it only last for about 40 secs at at time and if i have it it only happens once or twice a day. sometimes i dont have it for months and then it happens again.

Lorraine

Re: itching inside your skin that cant itch

Hi hun

I have had this in the past, on my hands, and inside my chest, ohhh boy, IT IS an itch you can't itch.

There's me, rubbing my hands together, but just can't get to the itch and when it happened. inside my chest, I must have looked like a nutter shaking myself from side to side trying sooo hard to itch this itch.

I myself never gave it a thought, so to speak, I thought it was funny at the time.

my own research, led to this, found on the net when someone else asked a gp.....this was his answer... please don't google. I can google, with no probs

My best guess is that this is meralgia paresthetica. This impressive-sounding name refers to a non-serious condition in which a nerve in the region you describe produces mild tingling and similar sensations. I advise you to see a dermatologist or neurologist to see whether my hunch is correct. If it is, you're best off ignoring the sensations.

The above, led me to this, which I already new about, ohhh boy FOR ME, DEFO anxiety related.....

The nervous system is a very complex network of electrically charged nerves which are found in every square centimeter of your body, around every organ, muscle and across your skin, the largest organ in the body. Abnormal nerve impulses due to anxiety can cause a vast array of strange sensations; although quite harmless these can be very disturbing.
    This explanations sounds like spot on FOR ME. As I have said, I myself have not had this in a long time.

I AM NOT A DOCTOR, this explanation is really just for me, my expereance of this symptom, it came and went over a long period of time, it was there one min and went the next, not to be felt for a few weeks then back again. like you it would last for seconds, then go.

It is very strange, hunny, if your really concerned pop along to your gp, peace of mind goes along way. I myself never felt the need to speak to a gp about mine. I do feel that MINE was anxiety related, but I do feel that if a person has concerns they must speak to a gp.

I hope this has helped a little, even if its just knowing your not alone and this symptom DOES GO.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXXX
    Last edited by jill; 16-03-10 at 00:07.

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"