Thread: chest pains, attacks and controlled breathing

chest pains, attacks and controlled breathing

hi all.....sorry if this a double post but wanted to get some of this off my chest.....since ive been onn the citalopram (10mg) - ive had less attacks (4 now in a week) but tonight before i was goin to a friends i coughed and felt my left side of my chest go really tight and as such the cough hurt a little. tried to ignore it and go out, but as i was at my firends i coudlnt get rid of that nagging feelin something was wrong

tried controlled bretahing (abdominal) but i find that as I know its a way to disarm panic attacks, all i can think when im doing it is that im doin it because of an attack and it seems to keep my mind in that zone rather than chillin me out.

ive come home now and taken 4mg of diazepam to level me out but as i wait for them to kick in, i still feel very anxious that something could be wrong

my main symptom of the attacks is chest pains and while i have had an ECG sometime ago (nothing found) - im wondering if anyone has any methods/techniques that can reduce the chest tightness which i feel is causing the pains i have when i do have an attack.....be it massage, or something else as im almost out of diazepam and my doctor wont give me anymore as this is my second lot fo 28 in 2 mths and i want to have more "natural" ways of soothing them so i can start to work on my mindset to bring all this under control

think my fear stems from a lung op i had 5 yrs ago and the moment i get a left sided pain, im convinced that somethign major has gone wrong

sorry to ramble but feel a little better airing this and any advice will be digested and much appreicated.

Thanks Darren

Darren

try some stretching to help with the chest pains. Reach your arms out behind you and stretch the chest. It really does work.

Nicola

Thread Information