Thread: increased dose - rise in anxiety is this normal

increased dose - rise in anxiety is this normal

hi i just need some advice please. i have been on sertraline 50mg for 4 weeks and it was increased yesterday to 100mg. i am starting to feel more anxious and panicky is this normal wiht increase in meds and will it subside. i have been taking one in the morning and one at night. any advice welcome. x

Re: increased dose - rise in anxiety is this normal

When I increased ( i went from 50 to 100) so did the anxiety at first - stick in there
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

Quote Originally Posted by Panic33 View Post
    When I increased ( i went from 50 to 100) so did the anxiety at first - stick in there
    thanks for reply. i will try and stick it out - i have to. if i can tell myself thats all it is then hopefully i can cope. hope you keep well

Im sure it will just be the increase. I'm fine now - im off the meds and anxiety gone so they do work
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

Quote Originally Posted by Panic33 View Post
    Im sure it will just be the increase. I'm fine now - im off the meds and anxiety gone so they do work
    hi i'm sure your right its the meds. i am glad to hear you feeling better, i have to agree these are the only meds that i have stuck with for so long usually i give up cos of horrendous side effects, the effects with these are bearable just a bit weird feeling but panic is lessening and not going full blown like it used to. how long were you on them for and were you ok coming off them with withdrawal effects?

I too found when I was put on 150mg for a short time, all my anxieties and fears seem to be hightened, along with being edgy/jumpy. I soon came back down to 100mg and have been generally fine - though do get headaches if I forget to take it.

Thread Information