Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Unpardonable sin- don't read if you don't know what it is

The Unpardonable sin- don't read if you don't know what it is

Not too long ago I read about the 'unpardonable sin', blaspheming the holy spirit. After I read it, I tried hard to surpress said blasphemous thoughts, but they just happened and now I feel I have lost my salvation. The thoughts come into my head usually more if I try to surpress it. I am unbaptised, so I feel already I am on God's bad side.....
    Does anyone have anything they think may help? Can anyone explain to me why I shouldn't worry?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: The Unpardonable sin- don't read if you don't know what it is

If you suffer with anxiety, OCD-like persistent thoughts can arise, especially if you try really hard to block these thoughts out because of guilt, fear etc.

Thinking something bad doesn't mean that you'll carry it out or even that you believe or agree with the bad thoughts. It's just a compulsive urge and if you don't fight it I'm sure you'll find that these thoughts will slowly die out.

I certainly don't think it makes you a "sinner" in any way.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thank you....I'm just terrified that God will think badly of me and that I have committed the unpardonable sin......but you're right that I didn't agree with it and it didn't want it to be there....I feel a little better, thank you.

Hi, neuro,
    God knows your mind. He knows those aren't your true thoughts. You don't have anything to fear.

Thank you, Corinne.....I still feel I shall have to furnish St.Peter with a good explanation, but I am less fearful.

- Does anyone have any good Bible quotes that put across the same message?

Hi Neuro,

I don't have a Bible quote at hand but I do have a strong belief that God loves us unconditionally and there is no such thing as 'unpardonable sin'..., not in Gods' eyes.

I feel for you as I know what you are going through in regards to religious/spiritual anxiety and repetitive thoughts/irrational fears and so on. I have been there too and I questioned everything about religion, sin, God, Spirit, etc; at the end of course I was questioning even my own sanity...
    But I'm through it now and I think I came out on the other side as a much stronger person.

Please don't be afraid, these thoughts are not yours, they are created by your anxious mind that picked up a topic that you are probably sensitive about or you might be going through an inner, spiritual change that triggers religious anxiety. Your worries are completely "normal" and believe me, more people are going through it than you would imagine.

Take care and smile, you know the best that you are a good person who has nothing to worry about!

Zsofi

I hope God can understand that I didn't want those thoughts.

Hi there,
    If you think of it this way it might help. If you are deliberately blaspheming, deliberately having blaspehmous thoughts and choosing and wanting to do these things then it could be veiwed as a sin. The fact you have an illness means you don't want to have blasphemous thoughts and the ocd just makes them appear. God would know what is in your heart and what you truly feel and would more likely give you strength and guidance to overcome these feelings.
    I personally feel too many religions are very black and white in their thinking, not that I'm having a go at anyone's beleifs. The main thing in life is to be a good, kind and thoughtful person whether you are religious or not. As long as you are not doing things that hurt others then I'm sure you are not sinning. You can't help having OCD and you don't ask to have the thoughts you have so I don't think you need to worry. Take care

Just in case anyone like me reads this, my sister (much love to her) managed to find a bible quote about it that specifies it must be said willingly and without compulsion.....so it's alright to have the thoughts.

Ecactly! You don't own those thoughts. Remember God, hears and sees all. He knows what's in your heart. Just talk to Him. Feel better, hon, because you are right in God's eyes. I promise!

Hugs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information